• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to quarantine- U/D ad details added

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Can I ask please how long people, particularily rescues wait until they allow a new bunn to be near their others bunns??

i dont! they are also kept OFF the grass and put onto runs on the concrete which is virkoned after EVER use! thats for rescue buns that are going to be leaving... as for bunnys that are going to turn into resident 6 weeks should show u most things i think, well thats how long i wait :D

I don't either - my foster bun is kept in an entirely separate area and exercises somewhere totally separate from my own buns. I also deal with the foster bun last - partly to keep the hierachy/smells in the right order, and partly to prevent foster buns from passing unknown illnesses to my own.

Thanks guys *sigh*.
I was hoping to help a bunn on free ads, but I would really have no where to put here but in the summer house with the boys (seperate cages obviously.)

I hope someone nice comes along for her :(

Why have you called me Debbie? :lol:

This is the ad details:

rex
rabbit, nearly 2yrs, female, brown velvet, good to handle, to good home, for details.

tel. 0115 8499099

She is only 2 miles from my house and BF has relaxed a bit on me fostering small animals now I am taking a break from fostering cats so we can decorate- he's just not keen on them being in the house really.

Its a shame as the summer house is pretty big and there is plenty enough space.

Debbie???? :oops: :oops: sorry!

Well MANDY.....are the boys vacs? if so as long as you kept her in a hutch where her urine cannot run onto floor area where boys are....deal with her last of all and wash hands with a bacterial cleanser after....you could be ok.....
Obviously you would need to check her for mites and obvious signs of illness. You would run the same risk as anyone buying a bun from the free ads or a farm or pet shop..or a breeder for that matter...
It is common sense to keep any new buns as seperate as possible for a while but most people bring one home and introduce straight away..... :?
If you are continually taking from dreadful conditions where disease is likely then the risks are much higher.......but any bun can carry bactertia......

:lol: :lol:

No, they are not vaccinated yet but I could get them done to give me more options on freeads buns etc.

(This was my reason for picking Max the pig up BTW...as i thought it unlikely that he could pass anything on to them- checked for mites etc....)

Thank you for the advice....they are just on carpet but I can make sure they are at opposite sides of the room...

Back