• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The "dead' bunny flop

Bella is doing the "dead" bunny flop!
I've never seen her do it before.
I've had her since last november and for months she always sat and slept in what I've heard called the slipper pose.
Then the hot weather came and she started flopping out and has continued even though it's cooler now.
And now we get the full prod-her-to-make-sure-she's-still-with-us floppage!

I think this all means she feels happy and safe in her home and that makes me feel all fuzzy!

:D :D :D

Awwwwww how lovely! I hate it when they do the dead bunny flop, it scares the life out of me. It was at its absolute worst when cloth ears Nomad did it because he didn't wake up at the sound of me rushing towards him so it took a full on prod to check he was ok :lol: :oops:

Evo does it all the time. I love being able to see his little bunny mouth when he does it. :love: I can tickle his face and hold his paws and he won't snap out of it, just scrunches himself up like when you tickle a human. I can tell when he's about to do it now too.....he either has a mad dig on the carpet first, then throws himself over, or lifts himself to full height before dramatically dropping to the floor! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Storm always does the bunny flop, I can even hoover around him and he won't move :shock:

here he is doing one of his bunny flops :D

flop.jpg

the happy bee said:
Aww!
When you finish hoovering and he eventually gets up do you have a Storm shaped in-need-of-hoovering patch?

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes! that's exactly what happenens! :lol: a huge storm shaped furry patch :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awwwww!
Binky used to do the bunny flop all the time, it was really scary at first but once you know they're okay it's really cute. :D

I love when they do the flop, but not yesterday morning. Maisie who has been quite poorly recently was absolutely still when I went to the kitchen. I called her name several times and no movement at all. I called my son and told him that I thought she had "gone". He came down, god bless him, touched her and said she had. We both sat crying and being very emotional, and then she got up!! How stupid are we.

thumper does that alot n i have to stroke them to see if hes still alive and sometimes he doesnt move when i stroke him! he about gives me a heart attack! :lol:

Back