• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

omg...

bilbo

Alpha Buck
Iv got bilbo indoors running around and shes just layed down..
I know shes fat but her belly is HUGE and hard and looks sooo bloated, any suggestions as to the cause?its REALLY hard
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :(
Emma

Can you get a pic?

Zion won't let me touch his tummy but when I manage to get a finger on it it always feels hard and when he lays down it looks rather podgey. He is eating and pooing and being his general self so I guess this is normal for him.

I don't know what the symptoms for bloat would be though....

I'm not sure if you can see his tummy from this pic, is this what you mean by huge?

8695f295.jpg

mmmmm :? maybe it's a middle age spread :lol: :lol: :oops: ( I don't know what Storm's excuse is!) storm has only just got his belly, he had a growth spurt a ( all angles :shock: ) but with his tum it only looks huge when he lays like he does in the pic :? I think it just spreads out. No idea why it feels hard though, it always has :?

I wouldn't worry too much, unless Bilbo's eating or pooing habits have changed, he looks uncomfy, or his tummy sounds particularly gurgly. Evo has a fat belly like that too, when he lays down!

Yes, Chester is a frenchie and his tummy looks like that too when he lies down. He is only coming up to 7 months old.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/bluelop/2006_07010127.jpg[/I
MG]
This is the first frenchie I have had and they are such characters aren't they?
He is so different from my mini lops. He just does not try and bite anything just goes around rubbing his big old chin on everything. Pam

Yes, Chester is a frenchie and his tummy looks like that too when he lies down. He is only coming up to 7 months old.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/bluelop/2006_07010127.jpg[/I
MG]
This is the first frenchie I have had and they are such characters aren't they?
He is so different from my mini lops. He just does not try and bite anything just goes around rubbing his big old chin on everything. Pam

When my french lops lay out flat, they look huge around the middle. When he was last weighed at the vet, what was the weight. My girls are around 4.26

Storm is my first Frenchie too and he is just so funny! :D especially when he's clumsily hopping ( thundering :shock: ) around with his ears flopping all over the place :lol: I'm not sure how much he weighs but I know he's over 5kg, how much should they weigh? and when do they stop growing?

Back