• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Hansel

Adele

Warren Veteran
Oh no :( :( :( Our lovely Netherland Dwarf called Hansel is very poorly with head tilt :? :? :?
Poor darling is leaning over like the listing Titanic, and feeling very sorry for himself :( :(
I dread finding a bunny unwell like this, it is every Bunny Mummys worst nightmare, but have to try and do my best to help Hansel.
Hansel has been put on medication immediately, I spoke to the vet over the phone as I dare not take Hansel out in car when he has such severe vertigo.
Please send our little poppet all your positive vibes and get well wishes, he is 6, so this is a lot for an older bunny to cope with.
I have left Hansel in with his buddies for now, as although he is incredibly dizzy, I felt any change in environment will stress him further.
His friends are being very protective of our dizzy little man, and are propping him up :)
I will let you know how he is getting on in next couple of days, but had better get back to him now, as his next lot of fluids are due.

Best wishes

Sending lots of snuggles to Hansel. Hope he feels better soon. My nethies are all sending their love.

Aww poor bun :( Sending lots of vibes... hope he's better soon!
My James had head tilt at 6 years old and he made a full recovery... hope it's the same for Hansel :D Get well soon little boy! xx

SOAD said:
Awwww get well Hansel :( , is it ec?

Hansel says thank you very, very much for the wonderful get well wishes :)
I am treating Hansel for EC and an ear infection Tree, so hopefully the meds will get Wobbly back on his paws very soon.
I am just worried he may have had a stroke though, as this can cause the head tilt symptoms too, so fingers and toes crossed it is something treatable.

Hansel sends a kiss to you all, and says he has been a good bunny and drunk all his water up :) Hansel is not eating as yet, but this is to be expected with such a poorly bunny..I dont want to stress him out by hand feeding him today, will try tomorrow when the meds have had 48 hours to kick in.
I will give you an update tomorrow on our little but huge spirited Hansel :)
Bless you for all your support , it really does make a difference :)

Dobbin said:
get well soon

Sue
xx

Thank you Sue :D
One funny thing , I have to see some black humour in this to keep me going........I have had to lie on my tummy and tilt my head to one side to get syringe at right angle to Hansels poor listing mouth :roll: :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now I have a crick neck, and am feeling giddy too, so if you cannot beat them, join them :roll: :shock: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, it is distressing seeing a bunny like this, so over to one side his eye is nearly in contact with the ground :( :( :(
I feel so helpless, just want Hansel to be all better :?

Awwww poor Hansel :cry: I hope those meds start to work soon and Hansel feels less dizzy :cry:

Big hugs to you too!

Alison x

AlisonA said:
Awwww poor Hansel :cry: I hope those meds start to work soon and Hansel feels less dizzy :cry:

Big hugs to you too!

Alison x

Thanks so much Alison for your very kind words :)
Hansel appears to be coping alright this afternoon, he is moving around a little more, not that he is any better yet, probably just getting used to seeing the world from a new angle :? :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
His buddies keep giving him strange looks, I am sure they are confused as to what is happening :roll:
I will let you know how Hansel is in the morning....heres hoping he will be showing some sign of improvement by then.

Adele said:
Seriously, it is distressing seeing a bunny like this, so over to one side his eye is nearly in contact with the ground :( :( :(
I feel so helpless, just want Hansel to be all better :?

I really know how you feel, I empathise with any bunny mummys who have to see their buns with head tilt... it's not nice :( Sending hugs xx
Also sending some more vibes to Hansel!

Aaawwww you are all so lovely and kind :)
Hansel is bearing up, still wobbly, but seems to be coping at the moment.
He has tried to groom himself and has had a nibble of hay, so that is progress :) , but symptomatically he is the same :?
Ear things take ages to get right though, so there is still hope.....I am doing everything I can for little Hansel, just hope my best is good enough.
I have given Hansel a kiss from yous , and he sends kisses and nose rubs back :)

Thanks again for your amazing support :D
XX

awwww I just caught up with this, poor little Hansel :cry: I hope his meds kick in soon and get him back on his feet. I can imagine how worrying it is to see him like this :cry: sending gentle snuggles to hansel and hugs to you xxx

Back