• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want to scream - rabbit and guinea living together

cherylwares

Mama Doe
I have just found out from my mum that my stupid cousin has gone and bought a rabbit and guinea to live together :(

Poor ol mum got a right rant from me - and she knows that it is wrong for the above to happen.

She did say that she shouldn't have done so, and the answer was "I did have a rabbit before". Trouble is she gave it away after a short time as she couldn't be bothered with it. :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH - is all I wanted to say ,

hmm i know what ya mean.. theres a lady i work with who's daughter has a rabbit and guinea pig for her children.. they live together outside in a hutch/run. Everytime she mentions them i tell her it really isnt a good idea blah blah blah.. she just shrugs and says.. oh they love each other theyd never hurt each other :roll: :roll: I'll keep trying but i dont think she believes what could happen.

I think thats part of the problem.
People just assume that you can keep rabbits and guineas together.

"Well we've always had them together and there's never been a problem"

"My rabbit loves the guinea pig" (yeh really loves it!!!!)

"I only had the guinea pig 2-3 years then it just died" "did you keep it with a rabbit" "Yes but they liked each other"

Tell you something P+H dont help the situation!!!

We have to educate people and that means haeping on about it all the time.

I'm sure customers at work are fed up of me going on about it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm lecturing them.

Back