• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

male bunny caused puppy injury

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
One of my males french lops (who is not neutered) has this morning attacked our new male lhasa apso pup.he was just playing in the garden and my bunny jumped on him and started fighting him :shock: i had to split them up and i got scratched.Will neutering him help?

It may do, neutering removed the hormones that drive territorial agression. People have this cute fluffy idea of bunnies but they can be very aggressive. I know of cats that have received nasty injuries (needing stitches) from rabbits, their was an incident of one giant rabbit killing a cat too.

Tam

I think I have mentioned this before, but there was a programme on some time ago that had animals that needed some help with their behaviour. There was this rabbit in a household with a two boxer dogs. The dogs would wimper every time they saw this "mad" rabbit as he would run at them and latch onto their private parts. They neutered the rabbit and he improved.

raine said:
I think I have mentioned this before, but there was a programme on some time ago that had animals that needed some help with their behaviour. There was this rabbit in a household with a two boxer dogs. The dogs would wimper every time they saw this "mad" rabbit as he would run at them and latch onto their private parts. They neutered the rabbit and he improved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry :oops: :oops: just sounds comincal :lol: :lol:

Back