• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To leave the cat flap open or not, thats the question?

nicole

Mama Doe
My shed has a cat flap so the rabbits can come and go as they please (they have only stayed the night in the shed the past 2 nights).
Could I leave the cat flap open during the night?

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

The cat flap is wedged open cos Mhairi is just a new bunny.
What do you think?

It's screwed along the top, botton and side's.
The base is on slabs so nothing can get in, mesh is welded and 15mm x 15mm.
Sliding bolt on the shed door with padlock, and same on the run door.

sounds quite secure to me, i think there are a few people on here who leave the runs accessablke at night

I know I'm just beeing silly, but I worry about anything getting into the run even tho I know nothing can.

We was thinking about allowing our buns to have night-time access as well to their secured run thru the CatFlap. but would want to stay up all night to keep an eye on them. :D :D

nicole said:
Why wont it allow screw ed, cos it is!!!!!

Slighty over sensitive swear filter? :lol:

How is the mesh secured? Could it be pulled off by a really determined fox? What about if one jumped on top? Would it bend under the weight? That would be my only concern. Looks liks a fantastic set up though!

How big is that run if you don't mind me asking and for how many buns? I'm thinking about doing something similar for my group of 3.

It looks very secure. My buns have a similar enclosure (without the shed). It depends if you would settle with the cat flap open!

Well the mesh on the top is in two parts. A strip of wood down the middle then the mesh stapled on. I used the u staples.
It would be really difficult to pull the mesh off. I used over 1000 staples on the run.

Run is 6ftx 8ft for two rabbits.

Back