• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vet ran out of Myxi Vaccine!!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!! I took 6 of the buns down to the vets last night for there Myxi vaccs and the vet only had 5 vaccs!!!! So Miss molly has to go down at the end of this week and have hers done instead! Poor Molly!! Then in 2 weeks i have 15VHDS to be done and about another 8-10 vaccs between now and christmas! But thats everyones Myxi all up to date! Few!

willow has been for his VHD this morning, but there is only one of him i dont know how you manage so many

If i have big numbers i usually get the vet to come out like i will for the 15 but when it's just 6 and i can get them into 4 carriers then i will take them down

I did 30 VHD's in one go a few weeks ago!!
Got Christabel to come out to do all the Myxo's though as I dont like injecting a Bun in the ear :oops:

Which reminds me, Michael needs a Myxo this month. Thanks for jogging my memory MRS Phill :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Got Christabel to come out to do all the Myxo's though as I dont like injecting a Bun in the ear :oops:

Which reminds me, Michael needs a Myxo this month. Thanks for jogging my memory MRS Phill :lol:

Janex

Will your vets supply you with VHD vaccines then Jane :shock: Mine told me it was to risky incase I accidently injected myself. So every two weeks we all take a ride to the vets to get those that have come in done. :( I think I envy you somewhat would make my days go a lot better without constant vet runs. :)

My two were supposed to be vaccinated today but just before I was about to put them in their carriers the vet receptionist rang to say they only had one vaccine in the fridge.
The appointment is now booked for friday afternoon. :roll:

Phill said:
Tracey would your vet not come out and vaccinate?? Mine will if i ask them

The problem is Phill that there are different numbers every time due to the turn over of animals in the rescue.

I'm sure if I had just my own pets in your quanties then yes I expect they would. :D

rngpwelfare said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Will your vets supply you with VHD vaccines then Jane :shock: Mine told me it was to risky incase I accidently injected myself. So every two weeks we all take a ride to the vets to get those that have come in done. :( I think I envy you somewhat would make my days go a lot better without constant vet runs. :)

Yes after VERY detailed instruction and warning re needle-stick injury with VHD Vaccs my Vet does allow me to vaccinate my Buns. To say I am ULTRA cautious would be an understatement!!
So far so good :D

Janex

I always check before I take my lot that they have enough vaccines. Last time they didn't for the myxi and there wasn't time to order any as it had to be done as an emergency. So I ended up picking up 2 viles from their other surgery a few miles away, so they could all get done in one go. :lol:

Well i should have rang them really as i don't make appiontments i just turn up but every other time they have had enough, i will know next time to ring them before hand! Tis ok though cause Molly is going tommorow night to have vaccine done! :D

Back