• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Publishing a book on rabbit care...fundraising idea?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
This may have been mentioned before....or might just be a rubbish idea but I was wondering what the possibility would be of Rabbit Rehome publishing a book on rabbit care??

Profits could be split between rescues and each chapter written by an individual- so a bit of a collaboration of knowledge and no pressure on one person.

I really think some of the books out there are rubbish- i brought a couple when I got rabbits but took them back because I didn't agree with what they said. In comparison I've learnt so much on here.

I suppose the RWA already do something?

Anyway, this idea is coming from someone who doesn't have a clue about publishing etc so might be a very bad one.

Not a bad idea. But very difficult to get such a book published, I would imagine, unless somebody already has an agent or a publisher that would consider it. Submitting it cold would be almost impossible. If you could come up with a new "angle" on it that hadn't been done before then you might have a chance . .

I'm half way through writing one in a similar style to my Website. :D I'm signed up to lulu.com as it seemed easier than going through an actual publishers due to the costs. There isn't really a great profit margin in it, I was only doing it more for fun.

But as Tamsin said, it's finding the time, especially when you work full time and have other commitments, I'm only able to add to it every weekend or whatever, even once I'm finished the writing, there's still all the layout etc, it's very long winded!!!

Are there not enough allready? What about a collection of tips, anecdotes and piccies from Bunnyists?

Adam

or hold a local rabbit show (good oppertunity to explain to owners about the importance of spaying/ compaionship etc and raise the profile of the rescue)

Back