• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In Praise of Uncle Albert-U/D Our Song Added.....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I'll keep this brief cos I know I have gone on about him :oops:
He really is am amazing Bun. He is quite bald on his head now and is very skinny. To be honest he'd make a good RSPCA Neglect Case Photo :(
BUT his skin is responding well to treatment and Uncle A appears to be SO HAPPY. He really LOVES life :D
I can honestly say that he has not been depressed despite all his physical problems. He has a heart of gold and I wish you could all meet him.
Anyway, just wanted to share this. I so love my Unky A :love:

Janex

Awww, bless Uncle A :love: And well done you for being a great bunny mummy to him! :D

Never worry about going on about him, it's great to be updated on how he's doing :D :D

Aw, i'm glad he is doing so well.

I know what you mean...Bob looked awful because of his facial abcess- really old and ill, but he was truly happy. He was not in pain or discomfort, was eating masses, binkying and loved Esmerelda so much. It would have been the wrong decision to pts as he had a very good quality of life.

Awwwwwwww bless Uncle A, he really is a true fighter, but with an A1 bunny mum like you Jane what else would you expect. :D

Keep it up Uncle A,
Su.x

My Patch was a bit of a mess :shock: :( when she had her facial abcess, but she was very happy, and loved her food.
Keep up the good work Jane (and Unky A!)

Dobbin said:
he sounds like a gorgeous bunny

sue
xx

He is :D
He has an amazing zest for life. He just loves everyone and everthing :D
He is NEVER depressed and just makes every second of every day count.
I could learn A LOT from Uncle A.
He is a truely amazing Rabbit.

Sorry, I am 'gushing' :oops: but I am so proud of him and I love him VERY much :love:

Janex

Heard this on the radio this morning whilst I was grooming Uncle A.

http://gretchenpeters.com/content/view/153/102/

Very appropriate for my old man.

Picture1005.jpg

Janex

sharond said:
oh that song was lovely, and sounds very appropriate for uncle A.
How old is he?

Thank you :D

Uncle A is 10.
I adopted him from a Rescue 3 years ago. He had been taken into a Vets to be PTS cos his owners 'wanted rid' :x :cry: :evil:
Thankfully the Vet refused to PTS and got owner to sign Uncle A over to him.
Uncle A was in such a state. Emaciated, mite infested and with severe dental problems. He really was at deaths door but at least the Vet realised that with appropriate treatment Uncle A could be helped.
He really is a wonderful Bun :D :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
sharond said:
oh that song was lovely, and sounds very appropriate for uncle A.
How old is he?

Thank you :D

Uncle A is 10.
I adopted him from a Rescue 3 years ago. He had been taken into a Vets to be PTS cos his owners 'wanted rid' :x :cry: :evil:
Thankfully the Vet refused to PTS and got owner to sign Uncle A over to him.
Uncle A was in such a state. Emaciated, mite infested and with severe dental problems. He really was at deaths door but at least the Vet realised that with appropriate treatment Uncle A could be helped.
He really is a wonderful Bun :D :D

Janex

That's a sad but lovely story. Thank goodness there are people like you around to take such a case on and give him a great new life.

Back