• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange sneezing bunny!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Right Stitch has snuffles he has had since coming to me in february, when he was in the house with Oakley he was sneezing all the time!! He went outside to live with Scarlett about 6 weeks ago maybe a little less and i have noticed since going out that he doesn't sneeze anywhere near as much! He has bad bouts and we pop him on baytril for about 4-5 days and this clears it up, when he was in the house no amount of baytrilwould clear it! He has no snot just sneezing and his chest is clear as well, could his constant sneezing in the house have been something irritating his nose and now that he's outside it doesn't get as irritated??

Hello MRS!! :lol:

I am sure that Buns with Snuffles benefit from as much fresh air as possible. As Rabbits are obligate nose breathers any household allergen could set things off.

Re the Baytril-Christabel says its always very important to give a full SEVEN DAY course of any antibiotic as lots of short courses over a length of time causes Bun to become immune to the antibiotic.
My previous Vets often gave short courses but I really trust Christabel on this one :)

Glad Stitch is doing so well :D

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mrs!!! still not used to that!

Thanks Jane when he first started with it he was on 10 day courses but we cut it down when it started to clear! I will pop him back to 7 day courses in this case! I am going to assume that it may well have been something in the house irritating him as he is doing so much better outside than in!

Well all I can say it is just typical of one of your buns :lol: :lol: :lol:
He must have been allergic to Oakley :lol: :lol: :lol:

What on earth do you mean one of mine!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I beleive he came from a certain rescue?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dust mites, maybe?!! :?
That's what I put Fizz's sneezing down to the other day (she doesn't have actual snuffles). Fresh air stopped her sneezing too.

Do Oakley & Scarlett have snuffles too, then? Cos I thought it was no no to put a healthy bun with a snuffle bun...

Oakley is supposed to but she very rarely gets an attack unless stressed and has no snot or other symptoms and stitch has the uncontagious type so Scarlett will be perfectly safe living with him.

Back