• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT!!!!!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Can anyone help....particulary in the West Yorkshire area?

SG's Piggie Rescue (who I help with fostering), has had an unexpected arrival of piggies and buns tonight...and they are at bursting capacity :(

I've just had a text from Sara, who run's the rescue from her home...and she is calling on emergency fosterers to help house these animals. 6 Piggies and 5 buns (I don't have details on sex's, breeds or ages yet)....only that they were left in 2 mixed cardboard boxes by her back gate...and were only just discovered as her dog found them, and started barking :( :( :(

If any one can help with fostering, please either contact myself, or Sara direct on: sg_rescue@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks for the replies.

A couple of fosterers have come forward and offered to take a couple of buns/pigs.

I will be taking in as many as I can fit once I arrange housing today.

I was at Sara's this morning. The animals are not in the best of condition....with the piggies suffering from really bad mite infestation..bald and with sores. The buns underweight, again suffering with mites, mucky bottoms...and they just stink :( The conditions these animal's must have been living in prior don't bare thinking about :(

The two buns that were taken to the vets immediately last night are having absesses drained, and fluids given, as they were even struggling to stand up themselves they were so weak :(

I will keep up updated as soon as I hear more.

Thanks again for the offers of help.

Back