• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen & Page pellets....

lucyj

Mama Doe
Asked my pet shop today if they could ordr in a small bag of these for me to try, and if H & H like them Ill regularly order large bags, but he said he couldnt find it on his stocklist thing.

He asked in Allen and Page pellets was the full name, and who they were manufactured by? Said sum1 else had asked for pro plan (dont think thats rabbit food but anyways...) but he couldnt find it, till they told him it was actually Purina Pro Plan, so it's possible that's the case with these.

From what ive read on here I believe they are better for buns and cheaper? Just not they are on Excell pellets, bought a big sack sized (think was 10 ltr in bag) last time and I was £15.

So does any1 know the full name, and the manufacturer?

There full name is Allen and Page Natural Rabbit Pellets and I believe Argo make them.

I don’t think its possible to order a small bag. As far as I am aware they only come in the 15-20kg sacks. I pay approx £6.00 a sack. They are far superior in fibre the most other Rabbit feeds.

Louise

They are called Allen & Page natural rabbit pellets. I believe Allen & Page is the manufacturer. I ordered a sack from my local A&P supplier and it was about £7 for 20kg - although in all honesty the sack doesn't look any bigger than the 10kg sack of Science Selective - because the pellets are smaller presumably there is less air space.

If you go to http://www.allenandpage.com/ there is a 'find a stockist' section on the left, where you will find your nearest supplier (although they may still need to order these actual pellets in for you). Because they are primarily a horse food supplier, I think it's unlikely that your local pet shop will be able to get them in for you - they only come in 20kg sacks. Maybe try emailing A&P and asking if they will send you a sample?

This site wont tell you were to find the rabbit food, you will have to contact them. They do not sell smaller bags as there not geared up for it. I have mine from a livery yard that sells rabbit food wholesale. val

I rang Allen and Page and they were very helpful. I go to an animal feed warehouse now, about 20 minutes away who also sell megazorb and HUGE bags of Just Grass. It's much cheaper.
My bunnies are all thriving on A&P - it's well worth the effort.

Back