• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The foxes are determined!!!!!

Just lately the foxes are so determined,i cover my rabbits up with taupaulin and put loads of things in front of hutches,so far they have scratched the taupaulins to near enough shreds!!!!Why are they so determined theyv never been this bad in a long time!!!!Its worrying me as i dont know what to do to stop them!! :( :(

foxes

Hi twilight :) there are a lot of youg adult foxes around now :( they are leaving mum & looking out for their own territory :( hungry & frightened they will have a go at anything :shock: nothing they like better than a plump bunny lunch i'm afraid :shock: :evil: so be extra careful (sure you are anyway) to all others who may not have been aware of foxes :( please :) pleeeze take every extra precaution NOW :roll: :shock:

Iv no room to bring them all in i have 5!! :cry: I dont no but i had a spot light fitted to deter them a sensored one,which did in fact work for a while but now they are back in full force,im always running down in the night to chase them away!!!
Hi ya rabshan :)

Re: foxes

rabshan said:
Hi twilight :) there are a lot of youg adult foxes around now :( they are leaving mum & looking out for their own territory :( hungry & frightened they will have a go at anything :shock: nothing they like better than a plump bunny lunch i'm afraid :shock: :evil: so be extra careful (sure you are anyway) to all others who may not have been aware of foxes :( please :) pleeeze take every extra precaution NOW :roll: :shock:

DITTO

Even HOUSE BUNNIES are at risk as urban Foxes have changed the rules of engagement these days and WILL enter a house :shock: :x :cry:

Janex

we got loads of foxes round here. the young ones are not leaving the parants and are all staying in the same area. theres so much food they have no need to find any terrotory of thier own. its not realy their thought that they do things they do they ar e just very adaptable animals and have found different ways of finding food.

Why dont you get a peice of wood large enough to cover the front of the cages and hinge it to the top of the cage so you can drop it down at night and lock at the bottom. This will stop the foxes getting to the doors and wire. Its a simple job just measure how big the wood needs to be and then buy two hinges and a catch. val

I think i'd get some electric wire fencing if i were you. My cousin has this around her hen and duck enclosure. It would be the best way of scaring the foxes away!

Estelle said:
I think i'd get some electric wire fencing if i were you. My cousin has this around her hen and duck enclosure. It would be the best way of scaring the foxes away!

We have it round our compound aswell, since we where raided by the fox 2 years ago.
To my knowledge they haven't been back. :?

A fox was spotted behind the rescue yesterday, so now it is no longer a hypothetical fox that we are fox proofing against :?
Scarey to hear they can be that determined :cry:
We have extended the fence by a metre up and are burying wire all round the outside of the enclosures and area where the combos are. I hope this will keep them off during the day. At night the rabbits will be in secure hutches. I bought great big fat bolts for the new hutches.

I miss my hypothetical fox, he was far easier to live with :?

doorkeeper said:
I bought great big fat bolts for the new hutches.

word of warning here...even sliding bolts can be undone by foxes (swivel locks are less than usless) strongly recomend using a combination lock and chain or bolt.

twilightpagan said:
Just lately the foxes are so determined,i cover my rabbits up with taupaulin and put loads of things in front of hutches,so far they have scratched the taupaulins to near enough shreds!!!!Why are they so determined theyv never been this bad in a long time!!!!Its worrying me as i dont know what to do to stop them!! :( :(

Day time
IMG_3885.jpg

Night Time with shutters (we now have bolts on the doors now as well)
IMG_3884.jpg

Ali said:
twilightpagan said:

Day time
IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Did you make that??Its fab or can you buy them i think thats great :D

twilightpagan said:
Ali said:
twilightpagan said:

Day time
IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Did you make that??Its fab or can you buy them i think thats great :D

We made it!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I have step by step photos!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back