• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH NO NOT AGAIN MAGGIE!!!!update 19th...new home ??

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Just gone out to feed and Mags was acting a bit strange . picked her up to check her staples and theve gone :shock: :? :mrgreen:

i just dont believe it . how can she have got them out :? :?

eurgh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so shes back inside and back to the vets again . ohhh ******

Angie :cry:

i used to use them but our present vet doesnt believe in using them so i threw them out . might come down to that now though . but im worried it will put her off eating again , shes only just picking at her food as it is .

After looking at her just now i think shell need another op to sort her out . looking a bit sore and tatty .

ohhh what a silly girlie bun .

had about 100 females spayed now and only ever had 1 other do this :evil: :cry:

bunnymadhouse said:
i used to use them but our present vet doesnt believe in using them so i threw them out . might come down to that now though . but im worried it will put her off eating again , shes only just picking at her food as it is .

After looking at her just now i think shell need another op to sort her out . looking a bit sore and tatty .

ohhh what a silly girlie bun .

had about 100 females spayed now and only ever had 1 other do this :evil: :cry:

:oops: :oops: :oops: wheres the thread to what shes done :oops: :oops: i do try to keep up :oops: honest :oops: :oops:

Come on Maggie this isnt funny and it isnt clever :no:

Hope the poor girl is sorted out today. I have had one Doe who undid hersel.f 3 times :shock: :roll: (NOT a Christabel Spay :wink: )
In the end she had a full bright blue body bandage which for some reason she left alone :?
I'd ask your Vet if Maggie needs daily analgesia for a while after she is patched up. Maybe she has been bothering the wound cos it was hurting :?

Healing vibes being sent
......and IV Sherberts for you :wink:

Janex

Just like to add that Marble only kept the baby grow on for about 36 hours once she'd got over the anasthetic she kept trying to get it off and managed it eventually! It kept her busy tho and she didnt' chew her stitches out again :D

Maggie not eaten much during the night .
vets not open yet ...off to try ring them again .

jane i ve been giving her metacam :?

will let you guys know how she goes on .

Angie

Naughty Maggie for doing this again. :no: I had a bunny that kept doing this and i had to resort to a collar as she also got the body bandage off! :roll:
Hope you have more success this time.

Su.x

well.... its now thursday and im just back from the vets again... with Maggie <<sigh>> :roll:

no she hasnt pulled them out again but when i checked her at tea time her wound didnt look good at all . It was wet and sticky with milky stuff coming out of one end ....YUCK :mrgreen:

She was due for a check in the morning any way so took her back today instead .

Anyhow ...all cleaned up , bits of dead skin picked out :mrgreen: and an extra staple for good measure and we re home .

Poor little thing . she seems so fed up with herself and everything . I just want to cuddle her to bits but she wont let me :cry:

Angie

Awwww poor little Bun :(
What a terrible time she (AND YOU) have had.
Is she on antibiotics and pain relief?

Sending lots and lots of healing vibes

Janex

bunnymadhouse said:
yes jane .
shes on .4 baytril and 1 drop metacam twice daily .

she is trouble isnt she :cry: well glad shes been cleaned up lets hope she will leave it alone now to let it heal

Back