• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PWS Run - questions

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Has anyone got one of these - if so how do you rate them? Are they worth getting, are they stable, how do you secure them to grass, can rabbit jump over etc?

Hello :wave: . I have one on concrete and its a very good size and good value, but I found it so hard to join the panels together that I gave up and used wire plant ties :!: . The only other problem with it is the rabbits have chewed the plastic coating off in places and the wire underneath has gone rusty :? . They haven't been able to jump over it or escape which is good.
I would rate them though.
Emily

There's been lots of discussion about these if you do a search on PWS.

In a nutshell...some people find that the connectors twist themselves down to the bottom and fall off, so use cable ties instead. I've never had that problem with mine. A big boisterous bun could probably jump out of it if it really wanted to, otherwise I'd be more worried about a cat/fox/bird of prey getting in if used unsupervised. It's relatively stable but depends on what shape run you make and how big your buns are - PWS do sell stakes to go with them but they are quite expensive. Worth it if the run is going to be permanently in one place I guess, but other than that, try some tent pegs to hold it down. If you have small rabbits (say, around 1kg or less) there is a risk they could squeeze through the gaps between the bars. One of mine certainly has!

I've used it by framing it into a permanent run and I'm really pleased with how sturdy it is, I think it's far more foxproof and safer than normal mesh:

2ac9d9d4.jpg

What she said! I have had bunnies get underneath and through the bars so you have to be a bit careful! I only use it under supervision (rabbits not me!) but it is lightweight and easy to move around and useful if you want to have a pen indoors.

Thanks for the help - I did a search and found loads of info. I've ordered one - she'll only be using it under supervision as she's a digger but it will give her more room to hop around and I think she'll be a happy bunny :rabbit2:

Back