• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumped Sick Rabbit..........WHY!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Its happened AGAIN.
Someone left a box containing a VERY sick (mouth breathing) rabbit on my doorstep sometime between 6.00-630PM.
Spoke with Vets and was loading Bun into car when he died :cry:
WHY DID THE PEOPLE WHO DUMPED HIM NOT RING MY DOORBELL !!

Maybe it would not change the outcome BUT........

Made a complete fool of myself on the phone to the Vets to say I would not be coming down after all. I was crying so much I am suprised they could understand me :oops:

I feel so, so sad

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

I'm so sorry for you and the bun.

I guess the person felt very guilty about what they had allowed to happen to that bun and didn't want to be seen "running away" from your front door - that's how selfish and irresponsible they are.

I with I could say something to make you feel better. :cry:

Oh no Jane, not again :cry: Binky free little bunny, at least he knew he was loved for those last precious moments :cry:

That's so awful for you and the poor little bun Jane. People just astound me sometimes.

My house is so overlooked and I am well known as the 'eccentric with all the rabbits'.
So people assume that if they leave a Bun on my doorstep he/she will be OK. But if I dont know Bun is there how can I help!!

I am now going to get a sign done saying. 'If you are leaving a Rabbit on my doorstep PLEASE RING THE BELL. I just need to know the Bun is there'

I was so glad the Vet nurse I spoke with was so supportive as my lack of head-meds means I am not best equiped to 'cope' just now :oops: :cry: :cry:

Janex

There are no words to sum up these people (non that i can use on here anyway). Sorry you had to go through that Jane.
Binky free little bun x

Jane - that is horrific! ((hugs))

I was horrified when I was at the RSPCA that many of the rabbits had been dumped outside the gates too, and there where even a few that had been found loose in supermarket car parks!

I wish it was much more difficult to get an animal but sadly it isn't, and too many people get them (including horses!) without having a clue how to look after them or what their needs will be...

Shooting is too good for some people!

Jx

What stupid stupid people!! :x :x
I'm so sorry you had to deal with that Jane, poor little bun :cry:

ohhh jane . i asked myself the same question when someone dumped hope on my doorstep . lucky for her i found her just in time .

i cant understand why they go to the trouble of taking them to someone and then walk away without making sure that some one knows :evil:

poor bunny :cry:

Jack's-Jane said:
My house is so overlooked and I am well known as the 'eccentric with all the rabbits'.
So people assume that if they leave a Bun on my doorstep he/she will be OK. But if I dont know Bun is there how can I help!!

I am now going to get a sign done saying. 'If you are leaving a Rabbit on my doorstep PLEASE RING THE BELL. I just need to know the Bun is there'

I was so glad the Vet nurse I spoke with was so supportive as my lack of head-meds means I am not best equiped to 'cope' just now :oops: :cry: :cry:

Janex

I'd hate for people to think that you're the dumping ground for all the rabbits they can't be bothered with, but maybe you should put a sign up or something... could it be any worse than people dumping next-to-death rabbits on your doorstep and leaving them for you to find?

I'm so sorry, that must have been horrible, especially considering your situation with the meds :( :(. Binky free little bun :( .

Was it a little boy or a little girl! We have to give little one a name.

It's not fair that they expect you to deal with things like that, they were obviously aware it was in a bad way and probably left it there to die. I hope they feel very guilty for not getting help sooner.
You may not want to put a sign on the door, it will just encourage people hun x

raven_guest said:
You may not want to put a sign on the door, it will just encourage people hun x

But if they are gonna dump them anyway isn't it better that I know ASAP :? :?

If they dump a Bun mid-evening I am unlikely to know til the next morning unless they ring the bell.

Oh I dont know..... :? :( :?

Janex

I think if somewhere cares little enough about their rabbit then they will dump it anyway - somewhere. I don't think the sign would encourage anyone to do it - most people wouldn't consider abandoning their pet at all.
Try not to feel bad Jane - there was nothing you could have done.

Poor, poor bunny, hope the people that left it like that rot in hell. :evil:

Don't feel guilty, Jane, you couldn't have done anything to change the outcome.

Back