• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny at the vets

bbear690

New Kit
my rabbit is at the vets, she has had her teeth taken out, what should i expect from her when she comes home? i phones at 1 to see how she was and she was still asleep so i have to wait til 6 to get her, i feel really sorry for her, anyoone elses buns got no teeth???

can't wait to see her is surprising how much i have missed her today :(

Awww poor bun :(

Ive no experience with teeth probs, but I would assume if your bun isn't a house bun, you will need to keep her inside for a few days.

Hope she is ok xxx

Awwww i have had two buns have to have there teeth out, one was in a bit of pain for about a week and had to have mushed soggy food until the gums had healed but the other was fine you wouldn't of though he had had anything done. I would brace yourself for the worst, She may be a little wobbily and not her usual self and will need her pellets soaked in water and possibly water in a bowel not a bottle and any veg wioll need to be cut up into peices smaller than one inch. XX I hope she's ok and sending lots of healing vibes XXXX

OUr housebun, Squidgy, had his incisors out about 4 years ago. He had to have grated food for a while, now we just cut things into manageable strips for him. He's on Allen and Page pellets as they are easier for him to pick up, and we chop his hay up, as he has trouble picking it up otherwise.
I sometimes give him a hand with his grooming - just a comb through every week, more when he's moulting.
The only time he gets frustrated is when he's out on the grass and wants to eat grass - he can't bite it off himself, so we have to do it for him.
She'll be fine, I'm sure.

Can`t offer anymore advice but just wanted you to know i`m thinking of you and your bunny, and sending loads of positive vibes.

Su.x

hi, just wanted to say thanks for your replys.
Symba seems fine and she is eating her mushy food and grated carrots, she has been out of the hutch today and has been eating the grass and hoping around so im sure she is ok, Bless her she was feeling sorry for herself yesterday but has perked up a little bit now.

Back