• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Split...

raven_guest

Mama Doe
...Penis! Anyone have any photos? I think my buck has one but need a photo to check (I haven't checked him yet as he's huffy) Can this cause any longer term problems? Or is it just a case of he'll be as happy as any other bun?

As in it's just happened or an old injury? If it's new then it will need anti-biotics and possibly surgery. If it's old (or once it's healed) it's possible he'll be more prone to bladder infections and could also have issues with his fur getting damp from urine and urine scold.

Tam

Well, the reason I ask is that I bought a doe from a breeder ages ago and the vet said it was a buck with a split penis (they can be born with it) so I returned her/him and got my Xanti. I was just thinking back on it and I never really bothered to look at it properly to check he didn't have one too. He's in perfect health, he's just not too hot in the breeding department, i.e he will be mating and won't 'finish' (trying not to be too graphic!) I'm not bothered as I love him to bits, but just wanted to know if it was common?

Back