• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anti-Flystrike Treatments

sandycreed

New Kit
Hi,

I'm due to go away for ten days on Thursday and need to find some sort of treatment that I can use on Tsuki to prevent flystrike. My parents will be looking after her, and the rest of the animals but I wish to be doubly confident that she will be safe from flies, even though I know she will be checked. She is indoors and there are probably not likely to be any flies around but I would prefer to be safer than sorry. I can't use sprays as she is in the same room as my frogs who can be killed by insecticidal sprays in the air. Ideally I'd want a product that can be applied directly. Can anyone recommend something please? Thanks :D

the vet gave me some rear guard which you dab onto their nether regions and keeps them protected for 10 weeks i think. this should be quite easy to get.

Hmm... as you're going away on Thursday there's probably not time to order anything off the internet. Vets sell a product called rearguard which you can put on your bun, think it might be a bit pricy though. But I believe that it's very effective :D :D

wow sandy what a beautiful bunny she is, Ive never seen such piercing eyes on a rabbit! and i love her markings and flurry bits, gorgeous :love: :bunny:

Back