• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range buns in the bedroom...

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have a free range rabbit(s) in their bedroom? What are they like during the night? Mine were quite noisy when I had them caged in my room, but nothing too bad. Any issues with them free range? Like jumping on your head in the middle of the night? :lol: I'd just like to hear people's experiences really :D .

I was wondering this too... mine are going to be in my room when I move this month :D

I know Sparklefairy has hers in her bedroom :D

my 2 are free range in my bedroom :D :D :D they can be noisey and mischeiveous but I wouldn't have it any other way :D Gypsy sleeps on my bed with me sometimes and it's lovely waking up to a cute little furry face :D. The only time she used to jump on my head and try and kick me out of bed was when she was nesting ( before she was spayed) she built nests in my bed and when I moved them she tried to kick me out of " her bed!," :shock: thankfully she is calm now :D
Gypsy and Storm do thunder around the room at silly hours sometimes, but as Storm is a 6kg frenchie he probably makes more noise than some bunnies and also is heavier than most when jumping on my bed on top of me :shock: :shock:
The only habbit I don't like is when Storm likes to wake me up by peeing on me :shock: as he is a big bun this is less than plesant :shock: :lol: but I'm getting a waterproof duvet cover tomorrow :? :lol:

I tried Molly free range in my bedroom for a week at my parents. He decided he wasnted to sleep about in inch from my face during the night. I wouldn't have minded, but he had a habit of weeing on my bed so I didn't trust him to stay there. It woke me up so I took a picture with my phone it has a flash, lol. He wasn't very loud though.

m3.jpg

I can imagine Storm is quite noisy... Fidget is really small and Daisy is medium sized and they can create some noise!

Daisy will be in my room because Fidget has a habit of "marking" my bed at every opportunity, and I can't fit a double duvet in the washer so... her peeing is bad :lol:. Daisy isn't spayed (yet) but she's almost a year and I've never had any problems with her litter habits of any phantom pregnancies or other things associated with her age and being unspayed so fingers crossed until I have her done! I think I'll sleep with her in my room tonight, see how it goes. She is living in the front room for the time being but when James my housemate moves back in that's his room and I doubt he'll appreciate dog crates in there :lol: .

I've let her free in my room today, she's been no trouble (except for a few stray poos) but I can hear her booming about :lol:

Ok... I had an appalling night's sleep but I'm not sure if that's anything to do with Daisy or not! She made next to no noise and other than doing two stray poos was perfect :lol: . She did headbutt me over and over and walk all over my head at 6.30am until I gave her attention though :lol:

:shock: I can't think of anything worse than having a rabbit in my bedroom. I hate sleeping with anything and just about tolerate my OH (after years of practice :lol: ). When I had a cat I tried him on the bed but couldn't sleep so he slept downstairs. Am I alone in this?

kayjay said:
:shock: I can't think of anything worse than having a rabbit in my bedroom. I hate sleeping with anything and just about tolerate my OH (after years of practice :lol: ). When I had a cat I tried him on the bed but couldn't sleep so he slept downstairs. Am I alone in this?

I can't generally sleep with anything in my room either. I can't sleep with another person in my bed... I love how men can hog the bed and fall asleep in 3 seconds flat and I lay awake all night tearing my hair out!

I would rather not have a rabbit in my bedroom, aside from it being quite the mood killer when other bedroom...opportunities arise, it just stresses me out wondering what they're up to when it's dark and I can't see them! Unfortunately I have no choice, and she slept most of the night I think... so it's not too bad!

I have a pair freerange in the bedroom, but only during the day. They have a crate at night as I didn't appreciate listening to them eat my books or clothes in the middle of the night :roll:

Awwwwwwww do you Jane?.... My cats sleep with me and Bugsy did when he was ill...... I cuddled up on the floor next to him. He never liked being on beds or sofas.

I have 2 free range in my room. :D

They jump on my head, dig my legs, sit on my head, bite my ankles and elbows...but I love it!! :D

Back