• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh

Apache

Mama Doe
I'm trying a few different types of litter at the mo, as I'm finding shavings not to be absorbant enough.

I know from my other post about what litter people use, a few said carefresh, so I bought some of that and some wooden pellets yesterday - as I haven't managed to find a local megazorb supplier yet.

I filled the normal size cat litter tray with carefresh last night, replaced 3/4 of it this morning, and have had to refill it completely again tonight - getting through half a bag of the stuff!

The small litter tray is full of wood pellets, which they have refused to use, and the downstairs try still has shavings in.

How much carefresh do you use a day?

Jx

I fill up the litter tray with carefresh, then top it off with hay, then twice I day I just pull off the soiled hay with the poos on top and add fresh hay. I only have to change the actual carefresh 2 or 3 times a week, and then I only change the solied stuff. :wink: One of the bags lasts me a week.

I line the tray with newspaper, put a couple of handfuls of wood litter down, top that with more paper then add a handful of hay. I'm doing this daily before bedtime and it's working fine, she pees on the newspaper happily and the pellets soak it down.

I used to use carefresh for the buns trays & the whole of my rats cage base, its great stuff, but I really couldn't afford to continue & now use bob martins recycled paper cat litter, its dust free & very similar to carefresh!
And only just over a third of the price, they sell it in Asda. (incase you feel you are getting through too much)

Other similar products are Sainsburys Recycled Paper Cat Litter (which I use for my mice), and Megazorb.

I found carefresh far too expensive to use. I was using it in Marlon's tray when I first got him but I was going through at least two bags a week. When I got Bella and bonded them together I got a bigger litter tray so I started using megazorb.
I get it online from www.ukpetsupplies.com.
It costs more than from a local supplier but if you can get two bags with the basic £3.95 postage charge you're paying approx £24 for 150 litres, you'd be paying about £45 for the same in carefresh (working on the £2.99 for 10 L that it was when I was buying it).

Back