• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Skomer Island trip....

Nicola C

Mama Doe
Hi All,
A little while ago while we were on holiday in Pembrokeshire, myself and o/h went over to Skomer Island for a nice day out to see if we could see any bunnies. It was brilliant!!!!! We took a little boat over from near Dale and spent almost a whole day on the island. It was a shame the weather wasn't amazing, but we had an excellent day anway (and a nice packed lunch!!). At first we didn't see many bunnies, just loads of birds (mainly puffins), but after a little while we spotted a few and then saw more and more and more. I was soooooooo chuffed!! Even o/h was well excited to see all the bunnies.
Anyway, here are some of the pic's (sorry if some of them are a bit hard to make out).....

Me (looking a bit butch, not a good picture!!!) on the island.....
me_skomer.jpg

Little puffins (the reason most people go to the island is for the bird life not the bunny life :lol: ).....
puffins.jpg

Now for the bunnies (sorry some are v hard to make out)....
bun_ears.jpg

lazy_bun.jpg

bun_on_rock.jpg

black_bun.jpg

brown_bun.jpg

buns.jpg

wild_bun.jpg

lots_buns.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them. Everyone should go over to Skomer if they can, it's great! You can volunteer on the island for a week or two and help out with the visitors and managing the island, how cool would that be!?!?! I am really tempted to do it sometime.
Love nicola x

Aww, I'm so jealous!! I went to Skomer (in the little boat from Dale!) about 12 years ago and would love to go back :p

Brilliant photos.....and if that is you being "butch" I can't wait to see you otherwise....you look lovely! Glad you had a good time there....aren't puffins just wonderful

Lovely piccies, puffins are so beautiful and lovely bunns too.

I can't believe you think you look butch in that photo! :eek:

I haven't been to Skomer since I was little, we used to holiday in pembrokeshire most years until I was about 12.
I've gone all nostalgic now!

Back