• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space needed for 3 msl breed buns? please advise x

lucyj

Mama Doe
for those of you who dont already know, I'm totally in love with duchess on the rehoming section. I am about to upgrade H & H's hutch to at least 6 x 2 x 2 ft with hopefully 6 ft square run, I'm not sure I can spare any more space (communal garden). That would be way 2 small for her 2 eh, even tho they are dutch so small breed?? WHat kind of size would I be looking at? And would adding 1 girl to my 2 boys be likely to cause aggravation between them?

Why not pm or email the person who has Duchess for rehoming, and ask them what they think? It's easy for people to speculate what they think may or may not be acceptable, but at the end of the day, it's down to the individual rescue's rehoming policies.

I would be very cautious about adding a girl to a pair of boys. Groups can work but equally you could end up with your boys fighting and once that hapens it seems fairly unlikely you'd get them back together.

If you were going to do it I'd make it a rescue that will let you take the boys along to test it out.

If you're thinking about more bunnies have you thought about a house rabbit? I'm not sure if you're in rented? but a lot landlords seem to count rabbits as small furries and will allow them if you ask nicely or pay an extra damage deposit.

Tam

Hmmm yeah I suppose it's wishful thinking - she is almost 600 miles away as well, and I wouldnt want to upset the boys. Think I'll jst let them have all my love and attention for now as they'r my 1st priority, and then in a few yrs when I finish uni I can buy a house with a huge garden and have loads! Poor duchess tho, she jst tugs on my heart strings so much :( !

oh ps it's council proerty Im in, but my bf wouldnt let me have house buns, he loves H & H, but wouldnt like them in house :(

Back