• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A toy recommendation

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday I went in Pets at home (I know, I know but needed some willow balls :oops: )

Anyway....I brought the boys a clear plastic orange carrot toy with bells in for 99p thinking of well its not much money I doubt they'll use it....and they love it! One of them runs around with it in his mouth and the others all chase after him until one manages to snatch it and the chase continues!

So much fun for 99p (its the same one as in dobbins siggie.)

:-D sounds like a great toy! I wish I had a p@h near me. I don't have a problem with them really and it's more convenient for little bits as lots of pet shops round here are like 'toys for rabbits?!' :shock:

I know what you mean, its always toys for cats and dogs isn't it?! I think people think the idea of toys for rabbits is slightly odd!

I just got the willow balls as they were on offer, I do try to avoid pet shops.

Bunny basics is brilliant for rabbit toys and cheaper than most pet shops- for example a nut nibbler is £4.99 in P@home and about £2.99 on bunny basics.

I bought 2 of them off ebay, 1 each for H & H, and they ate all the grass sort of stuff within about 2wks! :roll: , tbh tho I've bought them -

2 of those
2 med sized balls with jingle bells in
a wood ball kind of thing that's all bits of wood chews built up round a whole almond
2 wood carrot shaped dangly chew toys that have holes in, and you get little bits of coloured pineapple that look like fruit pastilles to put in the holes
a long cloth tunnel
a short cardboard tunnel
and a big log for gnawing on
2 sisal grass (i think thats what it was anyway) carrot shaped toys

and they dont seem interested! I've never seen them playing with any of them. They did chew the sisal grass toys to pieces, and the grass kind of bit on the rattley things you bought. Just stand on the cloth tunnel, used to go through cardboard tunnel then got fed up with it and started eating it instead. They will use the dangly carrots with the pineapple lumps in, but only when pineapple chunks in, and I only fill the holes once a week or so as I dont like them having coloured treats like that.

Just ordered some diff toys off ebay that are the sisal grass kind of stuff, as at least if they chew eat them they'r doing sumthing with them!

ANy suggestions for anything they might like? Or have I just not got playful bunnies? They spend most of time sleeping or grooming each other!

lucyj said:
I bought 2 of them off ebay, 1 each for H & H, and they ate all the grass sort of stuff within about 2wks! :roll: , tbh tho I've bought them -

2 of those
2 med sized balls with jingle bells in
a wood ball kind of thing that's all bits of wood chews built up round a whole almond
2 wood carrot shaped dangly chew toys that have holes in, and you get little bits of coloured pineapple that look like fruit pastilles to put in the holes
a long cloth tunnel
a short cardboard tunnel
and a big log for gnawing on
2 sisal grass (i think thats what it was anyway) carrot shaped toys

and they dont seem interested! I've never seen them playing with any of them. They did chew the sisal grass toys to pieces, and the grass kind of bit on the rattley things you bought. Just stand on the cloth tunnel, used to go through cardboard tunnel then got fed up with it and started eating it instead. They will use the dangly carrots with the pineapple lumps in, but only when pineapple chunks in, and I only fill the holes once a week or so as I dont like them having coloured treats like that.

Just ordered some diff toys off ebay that are the sisal grass kind of stuff, as at least if they chew eat them they'r doing sumthing with them!

ANy suggestions for anything they might like? Or have I just not got playful bunnies? They spend most of time sleeping or grooming each other!

Yes, they've already been chewing the grass stuff :lol:

I know what you mean...no others bunns I've had have really been interested in toys apart from the fosters and I've tried quite a few things- like rabbit shaped weeble toys etc

Something thats always been a hit is a treat ball- pop a few pellets in and once they get the hang of it they'll love it.

Also...willow balls. They love to toss them around and chew them

Erm...cardboard boxes with holes cut in
Toilet roll tubes full of hay and pellets

One of the things I've got off ebay this time is a willow ball, so we'll see how it goes :) , the med balls with the bells in that I bought are like the ones you get for cats, they have holes in, so i used to put little bits of veggies or fruit in, but they got fed up with that 2, and jst looked at me like I was mad!

Oh and I've ordered not a ka-bob, but like a dangly thing that you can open up and put veggies on, like I said, I dont like them getting the treats u get in shops, unless all natural - tbh did buy a box of colkoured dried banana slices, 1 of coloured dried coconut slices, and one of dried pineapple and papaya chunks when I first got them and they weren't interested, would far rather have a strawberry!

I'm hoping their lack of interest in toys is just cuz they're such good friends. Tbh, since I re-bonded them - they're less excited to see me 2, so I've been dumped :(

I don't give bunns pet shop treats either- the treat balls are great for their entertainment and excercise with a few of the pellets you feed them anyway :)
(It's basically a big plastic ball with an adjustable opening so you can change the size of it to make it easier/harder to get the pellets out- you can get them from p@home and bunny basics. They roll it around trying to get the pellets to fall out)

Aw, I bet they love you really, it must be nice for them to have each other whilst you're at work during the day though :)

My two seem rather playful, they like to toss things about or push them. Molly will chase a teddy dangled in front of him.

Alfred occaisionally likes to throw his dumbell and his nobbly ball around.

Emily on the other hand loves everything - willow balls expecially.

They do have the same toy you bought and she likes to throw that around too.

I did have a toy that looks like a carrot but it made of rope, she ate the grassy stuff of the top and is having great fun destroying the rest of it!

Jx

I bought loads of them, but they've all gone, I think they get left in the litter trays and I chuck them away :? , I'm always doing that I'm such a pleb :roll:

Pippa doesn't play with anything. She looks at her big tube as if to say 'you expect me to go in there?' and I've bought her willow balls, toilet rolls filled with hay, ball with rattle in etc and she ignores everything. She's been kept in a children's farm and just isn't used to anything like that. Can't wait to get her spayed to get her a friend to play with as she looks so lonely and bored sometimes :(

Quote Mandy

Anyway....I brought the boys a clear plastic orange carrot toy with bells in for 99p thinking of well its not much money I doubt they'll use it....and they love it! One of them runs around with it in his mouth and the others all chase after him until one manages to snatch it and the chase continues!

Really made me laugh :lol: I could just imagine it, bless them :)

I've recently had to have cherry trees cut back at the bottom of my garden so I cut up the branches and the rabs loved them, completly chewing off the bark, better than any shop bought fruit wood I have ever given to them.

Rabswood

Back