• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bilbo has lumps..near her teats..

bilbo

Alpha Buck
Hey all
Just to see if any of you could tell me what could be up..
Bilbo has three lumps..near her teats..iv only just noticed them today :(
She has 2 near her lowest left teat and 1 near her lowest right teat..could they be mammory tumours?she isnt speyed as we never thought it neccessary.
I told my nan and she said they may be blocked glands.
Bilbo is 5 so shes getting on but i just hope its nothing serious...
could they be fatty lumps as she is slightly overweight? :oops:
Emma + bilbo xxx

They could well be mammary tumours, especially as your Bun is not spayed. I would take her to your Vet tomorrow.
Not all mammary tumours are cancerous.
I had a French Lop Doe who had a total Mastectomy from which she made a full recovery.The biopsy of her tumours revealed they contained 'pre-cancerous cells'
So the sooner you consult a Vet the better.

Janex

ill book the vets asap ill phone tomorrow.i hope its nothing serious i think shes a bit old for anaesetics and things..
:(
Em x

daisy has got quite a lot of lumps in the same place. we took her to the vets ages ago and we were told that they were just fatty lumps. they havent got any bigger and sher seems fine.

Back