• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argos Shelving Units

Liz

Warren Scout
there was a previous post on here about use of the argos shelfing units for a cage/run- i bought a few in the sale but find the plastic bits that are supposed to join them are not secure enough and if you build any reasonable size- it can fall over easily- has anyone else used them? if so- how did you secure it together? i dont want to waste it all- but can't use it with the plastic bits suplied. any ideas?

I think lots of people use cable ties to hold them together :?

I tried to get some cubes, but they'd all gone :roll:

Use cable ties from DIY shops - buy a large pack as you'll use a lot. I've read on a piggy forum that Argos aren't stocking these in their new catalogue so if you can get as many as you need now.

Beany said:
The new catalogue is already out - that's why I couldn't get any last weekend :(

The piggy forum suggested Poundstretcher sells them. I'm lucky as I'm ok for now anyway, bought Argos in Preston out!

Ooh, will have a look in Pundstretcher - thanks! I want it for bunny-proofing in the living room... :roll:

I have my new boy in them now secured with cable ties just til his cage arrives tomorrow.

He looks quite happy in there any its very secure with the cable ties :)

thanks for that- do b+q sell them? will go there today to get some- i was lucky then i guess- i bought 4 in the sale- when they were half price but after 4 attempts to put them together - got so frustrated- thought they had been a waste- but hopefully not now- will keep you posted- thanks again

:lol: :lol: Mine still havent been built into anything permanent cos my kids are still playing with them.. today they're out in the garden making a maze out of them :lol:

I use them for my piggies, but got mine before Argos started selling them from Robert May (online). They are more expensive from there though.

Back