• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is science selective addictive??

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
(To bunnys!)

I swopped the boys over to allen and page a couple of weeks ago and they defiently don't like it as much as science selective- they don't eat as much of it or as soon as its put down, prefering to munch on hay first, which is obviously a good thing!

I still have a little left of ss so last night I gave them a bit and they were jumping all over me trying to get at it and were frantically chasing their treat ball around once I put some in there.

I wonder what it is in it which they love so much?!

I think if I was keeping them I would probably go back to ss for use as a bribery tool!

I'm pretty sure it is addictive, my lot would kill anyone with a sack of SS in their arms :? :lol:

Jo (Quinn) has said the same about Excel I think it was?

She said it sent her 3 bonkers, they were really hyper on it!

Teddy and Bertie love SS but it's quite safe to say that with most foods for them two :lol:

lynda_m said:
Jo (Quinn) has said the same about Excel I think it was?

She said it sent her 3 bonkers, they were really hyper on it!

My Ted has always been a bit of a loon, but more recently his is very hyperactive, like a child high on E numbers!

While its nice to see him so happy, and as entertaining as it is, I am a bit worried about what is causing him to behave like this, and I am wondering if it is the excel. I am thinking about changing to A&P, but can't find anywhere round here that sells it. Might go exploring for some tomorrow!

Dougal is much more normal acting, though he loves doing his mad binkies in the garden!

Mine are addicted to it too - it feels as though their lives revolve around it! :shock: :lol:

Yep, definitely get VERY excited about it. It's just like giving chocolate to a child.

Mind you, having said that, mine are getting just as excited when they are given A&P. I didn't realise that A&P contains molasses :shock: I thought it was more natural and without naughty things.

Mine get sooo excited. I usually feed Daisy first, then Fidget, and if I do it the other way around Daisy grunts and thumps at me :lol: :lol: :lol: . Mind you, when I first changed from Excel to SS they were NOT impressed and used to pick all the excel out and leave the SS I'd mixed in.

Though to be honest I think they just like food... :lol: :lol:

When I first started swapping evo over to it from Excel, he wasn't really fussed, and left the SS more times than not. However, I persisted until he was completelt swapped over, and now he gets more excited about the SS than he ever did for Excel.

H & H get excell, I got sample bags of SS from vet, Harly loved it but Honey wouldn't touch it - but they both eat excell, so they're on that. I've never seen allen and Page anywhere here.

Yep, my girls are addicted too it! When I bring them their ss on a morning they start racing around their run doing binkies. :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

This is a really interesting question.

My rabbit when he first came to live with me was on a normal mix food and I took the advice to wean him to SS. It took a while and I must say he really was not fussed.

Hazel my next rabbit again she was on a mix and got weaned over to the SS.

Now, they have both been eating it a while, and the dish is empty every morning and evening as I feed twice a day. When I go to fill it up they go bonkers and are pushing each other out the way as though they have been starved.

They really do seem ADDICTED to it!! wonder if there is something in it ???????

Deb x

Back