• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures from Jimmy's farm - the new guinea pig village

sgprescue

Mama Doe
As some of you know I have been working closely with the people from Jimmy's farm providing guinea pigs to go in their new guinea pig village. Me and Ju went down to Jimmy's farm this morning for the grand opening of the guinea pig village. I took some more piggies down with me and they done more filming whilst I was there :shock: I will be taking more pigs down in a couple of weeks or so.

DSCN3431.jpg

DSCN3432Correction.jpg

Julie looking at piggies in one of the houses :p
DSCN3433.jpg

Dolly (on left), the bloke who built all the houses :)
DSCN3434.jpg

Piggies inside one of the houses
DSCN3437.jpg

DSCN3439.jpg

Church
DSCN3440.jpg

Town hall
DSCN3441.jpg

and a pic of Ju's Booger :love:
DSCN3442.jpg

HS said:
WOW! That looks fantastic! Will they be secured at night?

They will be in the houses at night, they are still making modifications to them and they are making a lot more to go in there aswell :thumb:

The piggys seem very open - what's to stop foxes jumping in and eating them? Surely there should be a cover?

Those piggies are gonna be terrified if people are able to clamber around...or is that just for the opening?

People were aloud in the enclosure today but that wouldnt normally happen. In future they will be taking small groups of children in there with an adult supervising to handle the guinea pigs. More houses, tunnels etc will be going in there soon as it is still very open. Dont worry, we have discussed all the fine details at great length, I wouldnt have let them go there if I had been atall worried :wink:

Wow lovely big space for them to run around, and I am sure you have him well lectured and all the precautions taken.

I have to admit I am a tad worried myself that kids may drop or accidently hurt them or foxes/dogs could harass them at night...but I trust you! :)

Don't want to seem like I am questioning you, but will it not get really chilly at night in the winter, will they be moving indoors in winter????

Beebop said:
Wow lovely big space for them to run around, and I am sure you have him well lectured and all the precautions taken.

I have to admit I am a tad worried myself that kids may drop or accidently hurt them or foxes/dogs could harass them at night...but I trust you! :)

Don't want to seem like I am questioning you, but will it not get really chilly at night in the winter, will they be moving indoors in winter????

Its all covered dont worry ;) As for the winter they have a large shed which will be heated and they are building huge hutches in there to house them over the winter :D

All looks fantastic! Cant wait to see it all on TV.. and you of course :wink: Im sure those piggies will have a lovely time with all the space :D

Back