• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting Buns.......Please Help!!!!

Shellar

Warren Scout
My mum has had Bertie for a few month now. Paris was intoduced to him 2-3 weeks ago. The bonding went well and they have been in the same hutch for the past 2 weeks.
This morning they were fighting.......really bad!!!! Fur everywhere and rolling down the ramp in the hutch. Mum separated them and put them back together in the garden. All was well for 10 minutes then they were at it again.

Will this continue, what has brought it on and what are we to do???

They have separate hutches so its not a problem keeping them apart.

Thank
x

I would keep them together as long as they dont draw blood. Fights are common to see whos the boss and all should settle. If you keep splitting them your going back to square one. val

How long ago were they neutered?
If it was recent then they may still be hormonal, the fighting will settle down when they're hormones do :)

Well they were kept apart last night.

We put them together in the hallway (nither had been there before) and it went well.

Bertie is a difficult rabbit to handle you can't really pick him up. We too him away for a brush and have noticed about 3 bit marks. I think the fight was worse than we thought.

We will continue with the separation and have to see how it goes.

Bertie has been neutered some time but Paris was only done 1-2 months ago.

Back