• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I the room?

twixy's mum

Young Bun
Hi,
I've finally talked hubby into letting me give my house bunny Twixy someone to love (yippe!) however now i'm stressing over whether or not I would pass a homecheck. I have bunny proofed the flat (learn't all that stuff the hard way!) and Twixy's base is a 42" dog crate, this is in the sitting room and is only closed when I go to bed and the three hours I am at work during the week other than that he comes and goes as he pleases. So finally the question - Is this set up big enough for another rabbit? I haven't got room for anything bigger and although I have a little balcony (and I mean little) I don't have a garden. IHas anyone got any suggestions?
thank you

You don't want the bunny to jump over the balcony thru some tiny gap. I just let my one running around the house. They'll pick a spot for urine, and you just put vinyl on that spot and clean w/ towel or paper tissue afterwards. It works out quite nicely for me and the bunny.

If you have a computer, lift it off the floor to the desk, so all the cables are on the table, and she can't chew it.

Any important cables, seal it w/ rubber hose at the plumbing dept. of hardware store.

Every rescue has slightly different policies re: what they require, but it sounds like what you have is fine as the buns are out of it for a lot of the time. Your best bet is to ring your local rescue/s and have a chat. Even if they say it's not big enough, it would probably be easy to modify - for example have you got (or could you put) a shelf into the dog crate to create another level, there are instructions of how to do that on this site somewhere.

It sounds like you could offer another bunny a lovely home :thumb:

Back