• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Brave Unky A and Yet Another Problem-Dermatitis

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I am so proud of my old boy. He remains very cheerful and is eating well even though his poor body is failing him....

MiscPics078.jpg

Janex

Whats brought that on, Jane? I woul have thought it was better if he couldnt scratch it. Poor old boy, but he wants to live, no doubt about it.

Adam

LonBun said:
Whats brought that on, Jane? I woul have thought it was better if he couldnt scratch it. Poor old boy, but he wants to live, no doubt about it.

Adam

I think it is just that his poor frail body has endured so much over recent months :(
Buns who are generally 'run down' tend to get mites. Uncle A ALWAYS gets an allergic dermatitis to mites :roll: :(
He has had his Ivomectin to get rid of the little critters and he has also had an antibacterial/anti-fungal bath. I guess its only to be expected that a Bun with an immune system thats 'cream crackered' will get just about every ailment going.
At least the old boy remains very cheerful :D At the mo' he is tucking into a soggy Weetabix...his all time FAVE :D :D

Janex

Awww poor bun, he's been through so much now :(

Not being mean or anything but is it fair to him now?

Don't want to offend anyone, i just couldn't do it to my bun i'm sorry.

Goblin_Princess said:
Awww poor bun, he's been through so much now :(

Not being mean or anything but is it fair to him now?

Don't want to offend anyone, i just couldn't do it to my bun i'm sorry.

You are entitled to your opinion but as you are not me or my Vet I dont think it was very 'kind' of you to post that rematrk.
I am EXTREMELY upset by it and if you had to say that to me a PM may have been more appropriate.

Janex

Sorry your upset by what i said.

I didn't see anything wrong with posting it hence why i didn't pm you.

I've also seen you reply on some other posts when you feel it wrong for them to keep there bun alive like humbugs thread when her poor bun had myxi for instance. That upset me and i thought you were wrong as i'm sure she did. As myxi sometimes can be treated.

Goblin_Princess said:
Sorry your upset by what i said.

I didn't see anything wrong with posting it hence why i didn't pm you.

I've also seen you reply on some other posts when you feel it wrong for them to keep there bun alive like humbugs thread when her poor bun had myxi for instance. That upset me and i thought you were wrong as i'm sure she did. As myxi sometimes can be treated.

I apologised to Humbug at the time and cannot see the relevence of bringing it into this thread other than to upset me for having upset Humbug.

Jane

I think it was unfair to say that to Jane, who already spends a lot of her time worrying if she's doing the right thing by a lot of her sick rabbits (which I think she is). She has said many times that Uncle Albert is active, happy within himself and eating normally, which are three good reasons not to PTS in my opinion. From what I have heard of Uncle A's will to live, he's here because he wants to be. Myxi is a completely different issue alltogether.

Jane you are doing a fab job with Uncle Albert.

I think others need to remember quality of life if important here.

If Uncle Albert is ok within himself ie:eating and drinking and can move about and can show love why would you want to end it.

Too many people take the easy option and get their beloved pet PS when you could work around the problem.

Sorry but thats just me. :D

No i'm stating MY opp that i think he has been through a lot and i wouldn't put my buns through that.

If he is really active bouncing about and very very happy then fine.
I was just having my op though and didn't set out to upset anyone.

Inimical Me said:
I think it was unfair to say that to Jane, who already spends a lot of her time worrying if she's doing the right thing by a lot of her sick rabbits (which I think she is). She has said many times that Uncle Albert is active, happy within himself and eating normally, which are three good reasons not to PTS in my opinion. From what I have heard of Uncle A's will to live, he's here because he wants to be. Myxi is a completely different issue alltogether.

I totally agree.

I understand that. :D

But I know Jane or any one else in her position does not need to hear this.
They are fully aware of what they are doing.

A little tact goes a long way. :D

SarahP said:
Inimical Me said:

I totally agree.

Me too.

Poor Uncle A... you are doing a great job with him Jane :D

Back