• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picking up RSPCA rabbits

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Does anyone know whether I should bring a carry case with me when I finally choose and pick up my rabbit(s)? Or do they supply those handy carry boxes there?

Thanks!

Rabbers said:
Does anyone know whether I should bring a carry case with me when I finally choose and pick up my rabbit(s)? Or do they supply those handy carry boxes there?

Thanks!

It is always best to have a basket, particuarly as you will need one for the future when you need vaccinations, nothing worse than going to the vets or on holiday with a cardboard carrier which disintegrates on the way. You can get them pretty cheaply at many places. http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Cat_Carriers_And_Travel_Products.html do some very reasonable ones and they are not a million miles away from you, they also do mail order.

Have you got a rabbit(s) in mind?

Thanks for your replies - I'll make sure I get myself a carrier then!

I haven't got any particular rabbit in mind as I went there a few weeks ago with just the intention of researching. But I am definitely going to adopt a rabbit or two now so I am going back in a weeks time to have another look! I did like the look of one called Snowy and another called Poppy but ideally i would like a pair so that they always have some company :D So really I'll have to just wait and see what happens when I go back.

if you intend to get 2 bunnies make sure you get an appropriate size cage. i have 3 different sized carry cages, one is small, for a guinea or 2, the bunny only just fits in and turns round, then i have a middle sized one in case i need to take the bun to the vets, or about 3 or 4 guineas. then i have a big one, for the bun on long journeys, room for 2 buns in it, or a french lop. dont think its big enough for a giant though. i can have all 6 of my female guineas in ti should i need to take them to the vets, then the 2 males in the meduim one, and the other male in the other one. i plan for the worst.

Thanks and I have the camera already charged! :lol:

My dad has been keeping a cat carry case for me (our cat really hates it and is much better in the cardboard enclosed box) so I'll have to make sure I go an d pick that up very soon!

When I went to the RSPCA they did have cardboard carriers available for £3.50 each, but if you have the cat carrier I'd def iantely take that.

Jx

Back