• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The perils of taking an ebay/freeads bun...

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
...it's going to be a phantom, right :shock:

105de027.jpg

f594c847-1.jpg

I'm hoping that it's just a phantom triggered by the fact that there are 2 males living nearby (albeit both neutered). She was given a good check over at the vets on Tuesday and I'd have thought if she was heavily pregnant they'd have been able to feel them by that point, wouldn't they?

Might have missed it if she was only carrying a couple or not looking for it specifically :? I think they only build the nest a day or to before they give birth if it's real so you should find out pretty quick.

Doesn't a phantom pregnancy last around 18 days? That's how long she's been here so it's possible that coming into my house with the smell of the other rabbits has triggered a phantom straight away. Do they build proper nests with a phantom? She has a totally bald tummy :shock:

AlisonA said:
Doesn't a phantom pregnancy last around 18 days? That's how long she's been here so it's possible that coming into my house with the smell of the other rabbits has triggered a phantom straight away. Do they build proper nests with a phantom? She has a totally bald tummy :shock:

They certainly do build proper nests. I once had a Doe who not only used her fur but that of her very understanding Husbun too :shock: :roll:
Thankfully he was so placid as having your fur pulled out to make a bed for babies that dont exist is enough to cause a sense of humour failure in any Buck!!
Got her spayed ASAP !!

Janex

Could be that she can smell boys and being in a new place has thrown her off a bit. Could you contcat the old owner and see if she's been in with a boy?

raven_guest said:
Could be that she can smell boys and being in a new place has thrown her off a bit. Could you contcat the old owner and see if she's been in with a boy?

I could, but the old owner told me she was a 12 week old nethie, so I wouldn't believe her anyway. Never seen a 1.3kg 12 week old nethie that builds nests before :wink:

I'm fairly sure it's a phantom - they did seem to only have the one rabbit and said they were moving house and couldn't take her (and there was a sold sign up). But hey you never know, they may originally have had two and already passed the other one to someone else.

:shock: eeeek! I hope it's a phantom, must have been a bit of a shock seeing the lovely nest :lol: Gypsy used to build the most fantastic nests.... in MY BED! :shock: :shock: :? :lol:

Back