• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zinzan and I had a heart to heart

toffee

Mama Doe
Zinzan is my oldest bun. She is a 4 yr old dutch. I've had her about a month. Yesterday she decided she really wanted to make friends and sat on the sofa all night while I stroked her. :D

We had a chat ( :? ) in which I made it perfectly clear that I'm going to take good care of her if she gets poorly as she gets older :( . It's horrible thinking that one day she won't be here - she's so lovely.

Is it really sad to be worried about this already when she's only 4 and in good health?

Angie65 said:
I don't worry. My buns are all gonna live forever :D

I wish!!! :D

I'd have to keep getting a bigger house as I ended up with an uncontrollabel population of buns!! :lol:

Awww I'm sure Zinzan feels very reassured after your chat :D
I know exactly how you feel. George is only 17 weeks old, but I know that French Lops only live until about 4 or 5 usualy :cry: He is so lovely, friendly,cuddly, beautifully house trained and everything I could possibly want that I get myself in quite a state already about losing him.

How long does the average dutch live??

I'll be disapointed if she doesn't reach double figures! (Although I understand not many do :( )

There are always exceptions! I met a 13 year old french lop not long ago and he looked fantastic for his age!
I do worry, a lot, about EVERYTHING, people breaking into the garden and harming them, what I'd do with them if the house caught fire, will fireworks come into the garden and harm them.... completely paranoid lol.
It's always a good idea to talk to your buns, they must be bale to understand on some level, even if it's just the reassuring tone of your voice.

Squidgy and I often put the world to rights and I'm sure he appreciates the chats! He's very close to me, and I always say to him that's it's me and him against the world - we've been through a lot together.
I know he feels very safe around us, and that's a good thing. Lucky Zinzan :D

awwww how lovely :D I'm always having heart to hearts with my buns ( they're the only ones who will listen :lol: ) and I too worry about when they are no longer here :cry: :cry: someone told me that my French lop won't live a long because he's a giant breed :cry: but of corse there are exceptions :D
I had a dutch cross bunny and he was over 9 and a half :D , so your baby could be with you a long time yet :D

As soon as he was born I told Jack (and his siblings) that even though they were an accidental litter I would ALWAYS look after them. As it turned out Jack actually looked after me. I treasure every single second of Jack's life and even though he was just over 7 when I lost him I still felt it was way too soon :cry:
One of the many things Jack taught me was to live EVERY DAY as if it were the last you spend with each other. Sounds like you and Zinzan are very close :D

Janex

Back