• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ringed Buns

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took a rescue in last night which is ringed and I was wondering where I can find out how to check the details of the ring. I just wanted to know about her details before I get the ring cut off.

there is a letter followed by a number this is the brc number
the next number is the year the bun was born
followed by a letter which says which breed .

It should at least be registered to someone as when they buy rings, the brc will have a record of who bought each number, but they may not have registered the ring with a set rabbit (i.e they put the ring on the bun, but never registered the ring and rabbit to the brc)

the brc are pretty awkward about telling you who the breeder is usually they will say they will get the breeder to contact you

I have tried once before but gave it up as it is like talking to a wall

Elaine

I know she was bought from a breeder in Bristol as the owner told me this. I don't think I will bother it doesn't matter I just thought I would ask.

I have a bun who's ring code was H02428 does anybody know roughly what age from that

kayj said:
I know she was bought from a breeder in Bristol as the owner told me this. I don't think I will bother it doesn't matter I just thought I would ask.

I have a bun who's ring code was H02428 does anybody know roughly what age from that

there must be 2 numbers before the letter, that states the year, the letter doesnt necessary state the exact breed as some breeds share the same letter, i would say trees maise is a mini cashmere lop being a fluffly breed and with the letter C as my monty is a C ring aswell,
one of my rabbits ring numbers is 05B06285, this means she was born is the 2005, B, because she is a mini rex, but also dutch tan and others are also B ringed as they are of similar size, and the number after that is the number who its is registed to.
you can get ring transfers, but u have to a be a BRC member, because when i brought monty my mini cash he was already rung and i wanted to show him so had the ring transferd into my name. But with Mowi my pole iv never shown him except in pets so have never had the ring tranfered so if anything happend EG he got lost and was handed in then they would contact the original owner.

becky

I suspect one of the reasons it is hard to get details of confidentiality - this affects all organisations.

xxx

It's funny you should say that Becky, she is very fluffy, she is as fluffy as Marley, but she doesn't get mats. However she does have a squashed dwarf face.

Back