• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet costs

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I have (luckily!) never had to take any of the rabbits to the vets but am going to have to take Gismo in tommorrow. Just wondering what a visit is likely to set me back (possibly with a course of panacur?). Any rough ideas?

The costs vary from vet to vet, area to area. I know I have recently had a shock as I moved from St Neots where my vets were really good with the buns and were very reasonable, to Sittingbourne, where my nearest vet charges a lot more.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but good luck for tomorrow anyway. :D

cherylwares said:
The costs vary from vet to vet, area to area. I know I have recently had a shock as I moved from St Neots where my vets were really good with the buns and were very reasonable, to Sittingbourne, where my nearest vet charges a lot more.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but good luck for tomorrow anyway. :D

I'm in St Neots!! :D Which vet did you use?

For a consultation at my vet it's about £13 :) I've never needed any other medication (except for eye drops) so not sure how much anything else will cost :?

Mine is technically around £18 for a consultation, but they also often charge around £8 for a standard bunny consultation. Panacur is only a few quid so it shouldn't be too bad. Hope little Gismo is ok! xx

Emma,

I used the Cambridge Street vets and must say that I was really sad to leave as the vets were really good with the buns. June the vet nurse/receptionist was also brilliant.

I can't remember exactly the price of a consultation but am sure it was lower than £13 - I'm sure when I took them in for a basic "bunny mummy worrying moment", it only cost about £6.

cherylwares said:
Emma,

I used the Cambridge Street vets and must say that I was really sad to leave as the vets were really good with the buns. June the vet nurse/receptionist was also brilliant.

I can't remember exactly the price of a consultation but am sure it was lower than £13 - I'm sure when I took them in for a basic "bunny mummy worrying moment", it only cost about £6.

Ahh I use the one the other side of town because my cousin had used them for years with her rabbits. The Cambridge Street one is much closer too... wish I'd chosen that one now! :roll: :lol:

Back