• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This has really upset me!

minilops

Alpha Buck
I've read today in our local paper that some yobs have attacked several horses in a field near our local stables. The poor horses had their manes and tails attacked and several of them suffered cuts, etc. The poor owners are in the paper and are really upset. I must say when I read it, I was in tears too. Why do things like this happen? I can't stop thinking about it! :cry:

A few years back, a horse near me had caustic soda poured over his back :cry: He was in right mess.

It's completely pointless

There was a spate of attacks on horses around the South of England a few years back. A few of the horses were so badly injured they had to be PTS :cry:
I really cannot understand the mentality of the people responsible. They are just pure evil :evil: :evil:

Janex

I know, Jane, and when you are an animal lover, these things are even more upsetting! I look at my buns and can't imagine how anyone could be so cruel!!

When I was in the south east my neighbour owned a bunch of horses and two fields. One 5th of november some kids set off loads of fireworks in the horses field. The eldest one of them died, but I wont go into details. :'(

Do you know what makes me really cross? If they were caught they'd probably not even get a slap on the wrist. This country's justice system is disgusting, it should protect the innocent, be it people or animals.

raven_guest said:
Do you know what makes me really cross? If they were caught they'd probably not even get a slap on the wrist. This country's justice system is disgusting, it should protect the innocent, be it people or animals.

EXACTLY!!

I am sick of the politically correct brigade saying we have to 'understand' the criminals :x
WHY?
So often the VICTIMS of a violent attack (or owners of victims) are made to feel guilty. 'You should have been more vigilant'
'Animals always attract attention' etc etc.... :x
As far as I am concerned people who are cruel to ANY animal dont deserve any understanding. The punishment should fit the crime......

Janex

I agree- these people should be tortured for what they do- yet they will just get comunity service or a fine- if that.

I know have said this before but if anyone was to even think about hurting one our family of animals i would do anything to protect them but i would up for a horrific murder- and if still alive they would get off.

Back