• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few boarding questions

have you thought about a pet sitter who could come to your house?

There is a lady who I found near me who only charges £6 a day so perhaps you could find something similar?

mandy said:
have you thought about a pet sitter who could come to your house?

Its only me going away and the idiot I live with won't have anyone in and won't look after them

Hi
I nearly boarded my buns and guineas with the small animals boarding. I went to look around and everything. The lady that runs it is very knowledgeable and it was extremely clean (although this was in March and she didn't really have any animals in). I was a bit put off by the fact that she kept ferrets in runs near the bunnies and there was no grass for the bunnies to nibble on it was all paving slabs (good for keeping clean maybe?) but what made my decision for me is she said she didn't interact with the bunnies as they didn't know her and she didn't know them, although she reported to check bums. Also she has room for about 300 animals in total so I didn't know how individualised the care would be. Also worked out quite expensive and she wanted paying up front. I think to keep all the animals in separate accomodation she wanted over £400 if they shared it was halved. Can't really comment any further as I didn't go ahead with the booking.

In the end I found a lovely lady (bunny boarder) nearer to where I live that provided excellent care for the 2 weeks I was away. Couldn't fault it.

I saw the Doe Drop Inn website, however, she was fully booked - shame as this looked like my idea of the best bunny boarding facilities.

xx

I havent used the Doe drop in, but have met the lady who runs it one day when I popped into Greenfields Rescue, she is lovely and certainly Lorna who runs Greenfields Rescue would recomend her. There accomodation looks lovely.

Try the bunny boarders in Gosport Gem she's on RR's boarding list, because I'd like to know what that one is like, also there is one in Fareham called Bunny Villa but I've lost the address! Sorry!

Carob said:
Try the bunny boarders in Gosport Gem!

I tried her, and had an arguement with her over my two groups of three so am avoiding her :oops:

Will look out for Bunny Villa, thanks !

Back