• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If Anyone Tells You Rexes Dont Moult.....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.......DONT BELIEVE THEM!!

MiscPics065.jpg

Had to PLUCK Freya today as her fur is coming out in clumps. All my Rexes look more like neglect cases as they are so moth-eaten!!

Here is Freya, she was not too pleased with me :roll:

MiscPics066.jpg

Janex

:shock: is that all from one bunny? :shock: I must admit, I didn't think rexes had that much fur :lol: ( unlike Storm who's creating his own little " storm clouds," everytime he moves, despite me grooming him twice daily :? )

Lol! I'll have to watch out for that then. :p I plucked Molly yesterday and accidently pulled a whisker out, he jumped about a mile, poor boy.

BobandAbby's mum said:
Bless!! How many rabbits do you have in total? :)

Amanda x

I have 35 and most of them are having a MEGA moult so I am constantly covered in Bunny fur and sneezing my head off :roll: :lol:

Janex

My dwarf lop & my rex are my 2 worst!! How many of yours are rexes Jane?

My lionheads don't seem to moult hardly at all

Angie65 said:
My dwarf lop & my rex are my 2 worst!! How many of yours are rexes Jane?

13 and 1 Rex-X.
The Rex-X (Flynn), Nomad and Uncle A are about the only ones not moulting. I could fill a King size Duvet with all the Bunny fur around here!! :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
BobandAbby's mum said:
Bless!! How many rabbits do you have in total? :)

Amanda x

I have 35 and most of them are having a MEGA moult so I am constantly covered in Bunny fur and sneezing my head off :roll: :lol:

Janex

Have a sideline in rabbit fur jumpers :wink:

lol jane - i have just been cleaning the loose fur off choco.............. it gets everywhere , could feel it tickling my nose.....

my old rex never used to moult as much .

Sparrow is doing a megamoult :shock: I am surprised how long his fur actually is :? I'll take a pic as I now have a camera again :D Once I work out how to use it :roll:

I was once told witch hazel was the answer to keep the fur under control, I tryed it and could not see how it helps. The fur is so soft and lovely when it comes out i often thought about saving it for cushion too.

ooooo belive me when rex's moult boy do they moult, u can peal them jus like and orange :lol: . People think they dont moult much because they are short haired rabbits but u forget that there fur is alot more dence than any other breed, iv collected bag full off my rex's

Back