• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just seen this ad....

Veronica

Mama Doe
.....and it's about 5 mins away from where I live.

I'm very tempted, as she'd make a good gf for Alfie (who is about 3-4years old).

If the gp was female too, then I'd also be tempted to take her, and bond her into my girly colony.

What do you reck?

"Female British Giant rabbit, 4 years old, needs good home due to owner illness. Very friendly but not suitable for young children or inexperienced handlers due to size. Companion guinea pig may also go at no extra cost. Hutch available if needed for additional fee. "

Angie65 said:
:D

Just make sure there's absolutely no chance she could be pregnant :roll: :lol:

lmao! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm waiting for my mum to come home and see what she says. We have discussed getting Alfie a gf, and the family has been fine with it...however, since the disappearance of my mum's garden this summer (with naughty Alf eating everything! :shock: :lol: ), I'm gonna check first incase she's changed her mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww if he's a boy piggie, you could get him the chop and bond him with your girlies. I never got my piggies neitered I feel a bit bad about it now though.

does that go for the piggie too ??? :D

I hope its a little girl and then she can go live with your other ones and have some piggie company.

If it is a male then you could get him chopped and once hes over it he can have a nice little harem of his own...he will be very happy about that.

Do let us know how you get on. :D

Forgot to say if you do have them, I would quaranteen the piggie for a little while to make sure ok, no skin or respiratory problems or infestations of anything.

I have a small indoor cage that I was going to throw out, you are welcome to it if you want, I can post it to you, which could be a temp holding cage for the piggie until you make sure ok, or neutered etc.

I do stress its only a small cage and only ok for a short time. You are more than welcome to it if its of any use. Just let me know.

Deb x

Yeah...sounds like a plan :D 8) :lol:

If he's a boy, I'll call him Norman, just to make Alison smile too :lol:

Worrying though....a gp is kept as a companion to a british giant :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol, some guinea pigs are feisty. One of mine would boss anything, even the pair of dutch rabbits she lived with for a couple of months. She used to climb all over them to get the food first. :lol:

ok am i reading this wrong or are they suggesting the guinea pig was a companion for the rabbit. ok, so people do it, not good, but with a giant???

Cavyslave said:
Forgot to say if you do have them, I would quaranteen the piggie for a little while to make sure ok, no skin or respiratory problems or infestations of anything.

I have a small indoor cage that I was going to throw out, you are welcome to it if you want, I can post it to you, which could be a temp holding cage for the piggie until you make sure ok, or neutered etc.

I do stress its only a small cage and only ok for a short time. You are more than welcome to it if its of any use. Just let me know.

Deb x

Awwww thank you, that's really really kind of you :D

I do have a spare rabbit indoor cage...but I was going to be using that for bonding Coco and Marriott.

I've tried ringing the lady, but no ones answered as yet. I'll keep trying this evening :)

Just got in from work, and cleaned out all the buns and gps...and cleaned the car......I'm knackered :lol:

Back