• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crates

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap 36" or 40" dog cage?

Have been having a look around and am thinking ebay will be cheapest but just wondering if anyone has bought one and got a good price elsewhere?

Thanks in advance :D

i got a 42 inch one from ebay...about £38 including postage

I think it was pet shop rugley or something like that!

I was a completre and utter twonk, I think I paid about £70 each for mine somthing ridulas like that :oops:

I'm not entirely sure what a twonk is :shock: :lol:

I got 2 48" dog crates for £25 each from my local Garden Centre. They were having a clear out :D

I got at 42" for £38 off Ebay too and it is massive!!! I've put a shelf and a run in it and Homer loves it. I could have all 3 living in it!

It's much bigger than the 42" one i've seen in pets at home or other shops...it's got more height to it

Ideally I would like a 36" but not too sure if that is too small for 2 rabbits if it has an upstairs.

T&B have a 42" one which is massive so think 36" would be better as they will have an upstairs and get plenty of time to run around in the evenings!

Do you think 36" is a good enough size for 2?

I got my 48inch crate from Ebay. Cant remember how much it was but it wasnt expensive at all. ive seen them for about £38 on there too, dont think you`ll get one any cheaper for the quality, mines fab :thumb: strong and bunny proof!!!

I think if you have the space i'd go for a 42 inch one as 36 might be a bit cramped once Shadow has a friend....and Havanas/rexes are medium sized bunns so probably bigger than your two :?

do you know where Matlock is in Derbyshire? They have quite big ones in a shop called world span, but i'm not exactly sure of the size

Homer is quite a large rabbit and he has loads of space in a 42 with a shelf to make 2 levels. I put Smudge in there with him last night and they had plenty of room!

I would get a 42" as it gives theem more space to sprawl and run around!

Thanks everyone!

It's a bit tricky trying to find the right sized cage when you don't know how big the animals are that are going to live in it :lol:

Will have a look for a 42" one on ebay!

The 48inch one I have for my two mini lops is massive but they love the space. Id go for the biggest one you can get in the space you have for it (if that makes sense) :D

I'll have two in a 36 er with a second level shortly, but they're free range from 10 am - til midnight usually.

Back