• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nasty Bunny!!

Shellar

Warren Scout
Please help me someone!!!

I am having a lot of troble with Roger. He has always been a nasty ******, bitting and growling, but it seems to be getting worse. :(

The main problem is his hutch. I can't clean it out without him attacking, he pounces on the food bowl when it goes in and nips and growls at Disney when she goes to eat.

I feels so sorry for Disney, she is such a friendly rabbit and does not deserve to be treated like this.

When they are out in the run together they play nicely and Roger is always grooming her. Its when they are in the hutch together he turns into evil bunny!! :twisted:

Is there anything I can do to change his nasty ways or is he always going to be like it??!!??

When he attacks yo when you try to clean is it you or a brush he's attacking? some of mine will go for a brush but not my hand :? ...Could try moving things round..put the litter tray and toys in different places ...

alos check you don't smell of something that's annoying him...do you stoke Disney first..he may be jealous..could try rubbing your hand in his litter.... :?

Also. I use bowls for most of the rescue buns but my own have their food spread about and hidden.....under a pile of hay , in a box, in a treat ball, ect.....gives them something to do and think about...could try this for your 2.....

other than that tell him Auntie Jill says BEHAVE! :lol:

Thanks Jill

I'll try moving things about.

It Disney that i'm worried about, why does he have to be nasty to her??
She is so soft and never goes for him.......bless her!!!

EVIL ROGER!!!! :evil:

Will be watching this topic : - I may be fostering an evil rabbit..... :D

He's not in any pain is he?

Rabbits can be very cage and food protective. Try to remove him and Disney into a run or a room away from the hutch when cleaning it. He may have a go at her because he's frustrated and doesn't like the invasion. As for food I would get 2 bowls perhaps so Disney can eat from a different one.

I always take my rabbits oyt when I clean as they don't like their territory being invaded, but mine are curious and Smudge will come and sit and watch me clean and try to help......bless her!

Thanks

I will get another food bowl and see if that helps.

I don't have him in the hutch when i'm cleaning it out, he jumps in and refuses to move!!!

I'll have to open the gate of the run so he can have the run of the garden whilst i'm sorting the hutch.

He has always been an attacking bun, before we got Disney he was really spoilt and had the run of the house.

I think he is annoyed that he has to share and doesn't get to come inside and watch TV! :lol:

One of my buns can be like Roger.He is not like it all the time but i have had a few bites from him.He also can be nasty with his brother Fudge.He chases and nips him sometimes.Poor Fudge just keeps out of the way when Smokey is in a strop.

the other thing to check is his teeth..sometimes if a bun is in pain it can show this through aggression....have you had his teeth checked recently Shell?

Ah sounds like a bit of jealousy too!!! I've had that with Smudge since Homer came on the scene, she doesn't feel like she's top bun anymore so it's important to fuss them to let them feel important!!

Two rabbits at Greenfields Rescue, Rupert and Bear, have a bowl dominance problem which they are treating with the Tellington Touch Technique and massage. You might want to do some research on this to see if yours is similar and it might help. Good luck

Back