• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update about avalon

willowflower

Warren Scout
well got ava from the pet shop last tuesday (wrong i know but she was excess and was going to be pts so i feel i rescued her)

here's where i get mad :evil:

when i was in the pet shop the said yeah she's definitely 7 weeks but not sure of the sex.
so took there word for it puts her on the junior burgess excel only she wouldn't eat it. booked her into vet immediately and he says no wonder she isn't eating i'd say shes only 4 weeks !!! omg much panicking from me and much crying later i had to syringe feed her she's only my second rabbit but i think i've managed at least she's putting on weight.

well anyway to the point the shop is now under investigation by the rspca after my vet got them involved

leonna

Only 4 weeks old?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Hope th RSPCA do something about that shop! :evil:

Hope Ava is ok, remember to keep us updated on how she's doing :)

poot baby :( God only 4 weeks old :x makes me soo angry!

Welcome to the forum guys! and keep up the good work!

Jenny

when hand rearing i would recomend adding a probiotic to the milk (ask your vet about biolapis/or aquivalent). a mother will pass on her antibodies to her kits in the milk in the absence of this a rabbit will have very low imunity (hence the probiotic to colonise the gut and increase immunity and gut function)

I would talk to the rspca about the shop, they shouldn't be selling them at that age.
Good for you for doing your best by the baby, but please be prepared in case the worst happens, I don't want to sound negative and cruel but some baby bunnies are just faders, for no real reason they give up or will seem perfectly healthy and be dead the next morning (one of my babies died at 7 weeks and he'd be perfectly healthy before) it's a lot of hard work handrearing, just bne aware of what can happen and be prepared, but also bare in mind if bunny pulls through you will have a much closer bond!

thanks for the advice she's doing great is putting on weight now when i first got her she was so thin. vet has been really good about the probiotic .
hopefully i'll manage to pull this off as i'm still quite an inexperiencd bunny mommy.

Back