• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutches ramps and holes?

ive decided to mess up my dads plans, ordered more wood and planned a 2 tier hutch. only thing isi dont know how to do the hole and the ramp bit. how steep should the ramp be? and the hole at the top so he can hop onto the top level, how big should i make that for a dwarf lop? my dads gone mad so i want to make sure i have a plan ready for tomorrow when the last of the stuff turns up!
also what can i put i there for him to play with, he has a jingly ball, im getting some chew willow thingys (the last chew things went in a day!), but he still gets bored if left for 10 mins. im hoping having the ramp will help keep him more entertained as well as being more practical for him in the long run.

The hole needs to be big enough for him to get through without bashing himself.... as for the ramp, mine is quite long so that it's not too sloped for them .. why not put staggered steps in so that he can jump up.

As for toys & stuff to play with.... loo roll middles stuffed with hay, wicker balls, wooden sticks, the list is endless

We've just built an extra floor for Poppy's hutch and we had to alter the ramp as it was too steep to begin with. My advice would be to make the slope of the ramp very gentle and to make a large enough hole for your bun to get through so they don't feel too restricted! The ramp would also need some kind of cleats on it to stop your bun slipping and sliding. Good luck, let us know how they like it!

thanks, i keep seeing really steep ramps, but i worry about him using that. im going to stick him in as i build to test the ramp ad hole.

i tried loo roll tubes with hay, he just ate the hay and looked bored. wicker ball thingys dont lasat long, i think he just sees them as food!!!

Back