• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have any ideas about grass??

Benji&Evie

Warren Scout
Bit of a long shot but I thought someone might come up with some ideas..

My bunnies live indoor but have an outdoor hutch and run as a playground when supervised..
This new one has only been up for about 5/6 weeks and its kind of fixed where it is really.. Well its not, but its not easy to move around the garden like your average run and is convenient where it is.

So.. How do i keep the grass with in the run nice? Ive been watering it in the evenings when the bunnies have finished for the day but can you add grass seed or enhanser or something to improve the quality/quantity?
Once these littlies get bigger it isnt really an overly large area for 4 bunnies to munch and race on (it was buit for 2 bunnies :roll: )

Also.. I often sit in with them and I noticed that the grass was over run with ants :? We do have quite lot of ant nests on the lower lawn and theyre a real pain but I cant put ant killer where the bunnies munch.
Could they be a problem? Would putting killer surrounding the hutch and run make any difference? .. and other ideas?

Sharing.jpg

I have to move my runs around the garden every day and the grass is still a state as we're not allowed to water it. I got some great grass food from Wilko, it was really cheap and is safe for all pets except fish! If you put it on in the evening, it'd be fine by morning, you only need to do it twice a month or something. But it won't make any difference if the grass isn't watered.

There's no need to kill the ants...do a search on here for natural ways to keep them away like peppermint oil :)

mandy said:
There's no need to kill the ants...do a search on here for natural ways to keep them away like peppermint oil :)
a peppermint plant will work in the same way...problem being that the buns will eat it :wink:

if you use a liquid fertalizer apparently its safe for children and animals as soon as it dries (unlike the powder ones which need to washed into the soil and can hang around for days and even weeks)
this info was from the manufacturer but personaly im quiet wary of the clamis of most companys so i would exercise the buns elseware for a few days after application.

Back