• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Settling In - A step backwards?

JoanneW

New Kit
Hi,

Snowy has been with me just over a week and things seemed to be going well, I could stroke him, pick him up and he would take a carrot from me, but last night he seemed to go back a few steps.

Yesterday he figured out how to use the ramp in his two storey hutch and has gone crazy!! He goes so fast up and down the ramp, he'll play with his tubes and willow ball, but now he has discovered all this extra space he is running away everytime I try and stroke him or offer him his carrot, I managed to pick him up last night but while holding him he started to struggle so I thought it best to put him back in his hutch, as soon as I put him back he thumped really hard 3 times and started swaying his head slowly from side to side.

I'm concerned that I've really upset him and broken his trust by picking him up last night?!?!

Is it just because he's enjoying all this extra space?

dobbin gets cross with me if i put him to bed, in his hutch, when he wants to stay in the lounge for longer. I also have a two tiered hutch and it took him a couple of days to get over the excitement of it!

I am always worrying that i have broken Dobbins trust but then he soon comes back!

Sue
xx

Back