• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H Are Doing Petcare Workshops For Kids This Summer....

Apparently my local P@H are having a wildlife trust event on the 12th and 13th, they say it includes info about wild buns so I shall be in attendance, I'm very curious to see what they are teaching children about animals these days :? :roll:

yes kind of ironic- rabbit care and p&h?!

HAve to stop myself going into there. Called in the other week and the staff told a couple that rabbits and guineas are fine together, great childs first pet- so pointed out a few facts to them and the staff had never heard of 2 buns living together?! Find this worrying!

A lady who was going to get a bun from us -when i mentioned about homecheck etc and filing in a form to say that you will look after the bun etc and she said she would just get one from the pet shop as it was alot easier! Maybe if they got owners to sign something it might help?

I meant to post about this actually, I saw it when I went to the one in stevenage to buy a hay rack and some toys. They had a lovely selection in there. :) I know everyone is cynical about them but maybe they really are trying to be a good establishment. At the end of the day people will always get small animals for petshops and if one of the largest ones is trying to improve it's gotta be a good thing.

A lot of the problem lies with educating the children. My school had a farm so I was always a very precocious animal lover as a kid and used to get on everyone's nerves bossing them about how to look after pets, I think these little care workshops are a good idea.

Back