• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor set-ups

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I know this has probably been asked before, but does anyone have pictures of indoor set-ups? I've done a search and found loads of hutches, runs, playhouses and sheds but not many for indoors.

Pippa's inside at the moment and goes in a run in the day when I'm in. I'm worried about winter and how to exercise her. She's not litter trained, but is being spayed soon, so that may come. She was in the kitchen last night and after an hour it resembled a giant litter tray, so freeranging isn't the answer right now! My OH's suggested a tunnel attached to the house, with an outdoor run she can use in all weathers - has anyone done something similar? Otherwise, she could go out in the shed, as she loves being outside, but I want to explore all indoor options before we decide on that.

Hello

You need to litter train her first inside her cage before venturing out into the big wide world of the house. Keep a litter tray in her cage and where she wees on newspaper outside of the litter tray put this into her litter tray and she may get the message. Then you can gradually let her out into one small room and have another litter tray outside.

Mine have a litter tray in their hutch and also one in the corner of their room as well. They don't have any downstairs or in any other room as they've learnt to use those two trays well as I kept them in their room until they were fully trained in those trays.

Good luck :D I hope her spay goes well too x

Yep, I agree with bunnysam, I did exactly the same with my two and they only have litter trays in their cage upstairs. They go trotting off upstairs when they need the loo!! I also kept my only in their cage until they got the hang of it though!!

Heres where my 3 live at the moment, its a 48" dogcrate and a 8panel playpen attached, altho at the moment they now have 12panels of playpen attached. When i move to my new house i wont bother with the pen as it wont matter so much if they nibble on the skirting boards or doors or carpet as it'll be mine.. at the moment i rent.
They go into the pen/crate area when im asleep or out, the rest of the time they are free to roam my flat
newpen1.jpg

whiskyscruffles said:
diddeen, where did you get the little log ramp thingy, its just what i need between my two guinea cages!!!!!

I've seen those in Pets at Home, small, medium and large

Back