• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escape from argos storage panels/cavy cages!

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
My fosters are living in a dog crate with argos storage panel/cube things attached and they keep escaping.

All the argos panels are held together with cable ties which they haven't chewed through.

When I first put it up it was only 2 panels high (2.5ft) and 2 managed to escape from that so made it 3 panels high (3.75) and one can escape from that, so last night I added 1 layer of panels to the top of the dog crate and put a net over the top of the panel section thinking they must be jumping or climbing over it.....this morning one was out again with the net still in place!! (thats also held on with cable ties.)

I think its probably the same one who's getting out but have no way of knowing as they look identical....

I'm assuming now he must be pushing the panels up.... any ideas how I can hold the panels down...they're on carpet :?
When they first arrived they could squeeze through the bottom of the dog crate but I don't think they can now.

Help!
thanks x

If they are pushing the bottom layer up, could you cable tie the bottom layer to a wooden batton? That should make it impossible to lift up.

oooh thank you, I do need to be able to move the panels to get in but could tie the wood on when I'm not doing so.

Will try tonight, x

Back